An Interlude of sorts

A/N: As you can see by the first sentence, there has been a bigger time jump. There will be more of those to come, longer ones, if my story does go beyond season 8.

Jon

A month passed. The tensions between the North and Cersei grew, but never snapped with a battle. During the past month, most of the time spent was spent training the army of the North to fight effectively. Ser Jaime had proven to be quite effective at teaching them, even with one hand.

He and Brienne were a great duo, they would often teach together, Brienne being the one to show the soldiers how it was done, and Jaime to fix any of her errors. Sometimes, they would even spar with each other , which was quite the sight, with the way they maneuvered. Jaime proved to have overcome needing to use his left hand. He matched Brienne nicely in her fighting skills.

Brienne and Jaime weren't the only ones doing the training, of course. Many of Daenerys' Unsullied taught, even some of the Dothraki had some skills passed on. Jon himself, did a lot to train his army. Arya didn't help much with training, she would sometimes train along with Jon.

The training of soldiers wasn't the only training Jon was doing. He was also training his dragons, which was suggested by Dany. The dragons have grown almost to the size of a large sized dog. They were growing at an alarming rate. Daenerys said it must be the amount of food they ate, for hers took a whole year to have grown to the size of a small dog. Hers, who have spent a long time of their early life in barren deserts. Now they were the size of large buildings.

So far he had taught them to come when called, and to burn things with the word dracarys. Daenerys had explained to him that they understand Valyrian far better than they understand the common tongue, and so they would listen better. She had begun to teach him High Valyrian, with the help of Missandei.

On the topic of Dany, her pregnancy was coming along smoothly, but she was very big for being four months along, which left Jon concerned about the child. They would have to speak with Sam about it. Every night, Jon would retire to his room with Dany and they would spend time telling each other about their day. Jon would kiss her stomach, whispering sweet nothings to his unborn child, before retiring to sleep.

Currently, he was outside in the courtyard, with his three dragons in front of him. They had started to grow larger horns, making them look less childish and more like fierce dragons. Their colors have been darkening as well.

Jon tossed a mouse over to Rhaea, who lit it up before swallowing it whole, letting out a satisfied burp. Jon did the same with the other two.

"Ao hāre issi jāre naejot gūrēñagon skorkydoso naejot sōvegon tubī va ñuha udrāzma." Jon spoke, which translated to 'you three are going to learn how to fly today on command.'

His dragons looked at him blankly, Daenon stretching his wings out wide. Aeryon yawned, letting a bit of fire escape her jaws. Rhaea's eyes were closed.

Jon clasped his hands together. "This is going to be interesting." He decided to begin by simply commanding them to fly. "Sōvēs."

The dragons didn't move, they merely tilted their heads at him, straightening up so they were taller on their feet, curiosity shining.

"Sōvēs," Jon repeated. "Fly, flap your wings and lift into the air." He sighed as they didn't do anything except look at him, listening but not understanding.

"You want me to show you? Here, watch," Jon put his arms out beside him and mimicked the flapping of dragon wings by flapping his arms. "See? Sōvēs." The dragons simply gave him strange looks. Jon brought a hand to his face, exasperated. Dany had said this would be harder to teach them, for they saw no point in flying.