Newfound Love

A/N: Sorry this chapter took a while. I'm a big procrastinator.

Dany

Dany had taken a long rest in Jon's chambers, lying beside the hot mass of fur called Ghost. He made a great bed companion, it turned out. Daenerys didn't shiver once, and his presence had a calming effect, even though he was a beast. He seemed to favor her stomach, having nudged at it a few times with his snout before giving it a lick. Dany had made a face at that.

Now, she had woken up, and she was stroking his ears. She was barely fitting on the bed, the wolf was so huge. How lucky they were to have a beast like him on their side. Dany could understand why Jon loved him.

From outside of the door, she could hear the complaints of dragons, them screeching loudly. She was trying her best to ignore them, but it was in vain. They were what woke her up in the first place.

Sighing, she got up from the bed, Ghost perking up and lifting his head to watch her as she approached the door. He gave her a whimper, knowing what she was about to do.

"Sorry, but they're driving me crazy," she told the dire wolf, twisting the door knob until it opened, revealing two dragons. Dany looked around for the third until she saw Rhaea come flying at her at full speed. "Oh!" Jon's dragons were finally learning to fly.

Daenon and Aeryon looked at Rhaea in jealousy. Dany smiled, "Don't look at her like that, you'll fly the same soon enough."

Daenon grumbled and went over to Ghost, who was on high alert, his ears pinned back in fear. Daenerys merely chuckled.

"They're not going to hurt you, Ghost, they're just little babies," Dany teased the wolf, who grunted at her, lowering his head and looking at the blue dragon with watchful eyes. It was a funny sight, to see a wolf as big as a horse fearful of a dragon the size of a small dog.

She heard the clearing of one's throat, and she looked over to see Jon standing at her door, his hands behind his back and a big grin on his face. Daenerys wondered what that was about.

She got up from the edge of the bed. "What is it?"

"I have a present for you," Jon told her, and brought his hands to the front of him, and in them was a sword like no other. It's blade was sharp and pristine, looking like it had just been forged. Jon held it out for her to hold. "The first new Valyrian steel sword in centuries. Give it a feel."

Daenerys took it from his hands and felt it. It felt heavy and she knew it was sturdy, as are all Valyrian steel swords. She looked back up at Jon with a big smile on her face. "You did it, you uncovered the secret our family lost centuries ago. You're simply amazing, Jon!" She put the sword down then and gave him a hug, happiness filling her.

Jon accepted her embrace, hugging her lightly. He backed away, picking up the sword and looking at it again.

"It really is quite amazing, huh? Gendry is quite the man," Jon said.

"He is," Dany agreed. Then she thought of something that would bother Jon. "He'd be perfect for Arya."

Jon looked at her in horror. "Huh? What do you mean? Have you seen him touch my sister? That bastard."

He was acting like the protective older brother, of course he was. He loved his sister a lot.

"Remember you were a bastard too, not too long ago. And I'm just saying, they seem pretty fond of each other. Gendry's a nice boy, you saw how protective he is of her. He even saved her life! I say you let them be happy," Daenerys told Jon, squeezing his arm.