Chapter 1

• Dedicated to Mike Rodrigues for inspiring the story

First ever book written so I really hope you guys like it. Please comment and vote. Oh and the cast is in the second chapter sorry for the inconvienence, my bad, my bad.

So um, Please enjoy V (Down symbol) haha so funny and dumb I know

Ok enough talking GO READ!!!!!

----------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------- Pic of Jordyn to the right ---->

"Mom! Where is my shirt?"

"I don't know honey, I don't have time to look now."

Tonight is the big dodgeball tournament of Massachusetts. Teams from all over the state are coming to play. My team captain - Hunter - is a senior. He has played every year and has been close to winning each time. He ended up choosing what uniforms to wear. Which in my opinion are ugly. They are plain white T-shirts with neon blue and yellow paint on it, spelling "The Studs." Hideous! I found the shirt under a gigantic pile of clothes that I have had to put away for weeks now. The shirt is wrinkled and stained, but I don't care. I am already five minutes late. I pulled the shirt over my head, grabbed my keys, and grabbed my bag, and shouted to my mother.

"Mom I'm leaving for the tournament. I'll be home after dinner!"

I rushed out the door and slammed it before she even had a chance to respond. I just received my license last month so I was very careful at stop signs and inter sections. Many people hollered at me saying I was like their grandmother. I get why they are mad, but do they have to be so rude? As I park my car outside the school I grabbed my bag full of clothes, deodorant, make-up, and a brush. It felt like it was twenty pounds. I grab the door and jerk it open. Only to find my team standing there staring at me. Apparently I am drenched from the rain. I hadn't even noticed the weather. Hunter is walking over to me and raises his left eyebrow. More like his left unibrow though. I can't help smiling at the thought. he quickly scolded me with a harsh tone.

"Where have you been? If you want to win then we need to take this team seriously!"

"I'm sorry, I couldn't find my shirt."

He turns his head in disappointment and started walking away with his shoulders slouched. Hunter is announcing that a new player with be accompanying us during the tournament since a player had dropped out for some mysterious reason. I think he has the runs, he didn't look to good at school today.

Just as Hunter finished explaining to us about the situation a boy opened the front door and began to jog in. His sorrel colored hair and piercing green eyes mesmerized me. His jaw was somewhat squared and his nose was crooked like it had been hit one too many times. I have never seen him before. Maybe he was a transfer student? I need to pull my gaze away before anyone notices my staring. I gripp my bag tighter as I felt my heart pump louder and faster. Something about him being near me makes me feel like butterflies are attacking my insides. Although I'm not sure if it was for the right reason. I have a feeling that something is going to happen. Something that could ruin how people think of me now, even how I think of myself.

I brace myself and push through the gymnasium doors. The pulsating lights blind me the second I look up. People are cheering as if it is the Super Bowl, and my friend Chris is jumping up and down trying to hype up the crowd. My best friend Megan is in the front row of the bleachers. She is waving me over with a huge grin reaching both ears. I calmly walk over and sit next to her trying not to show my nerves. They are probably obvious, but Megan doesn't say anything. She's just staring at me like she can't believe I am doing this.

Apparently there is a ritual, that after the tournament the winning team jumps my team - The Studs- for the fun of it. My team leader always has a bone to pick with the other leaders so he made a deal with the others saying that whoever wins the tournament can do what they want with us. Which usually en tails to jumping us. I knew about this before I accepted to play. Megan thought it was a horrid idea but I want to live a little, take some risks.

"Megan, I'll be fine, it's just a game or two."

I wave her off so she can't respond. I get up from the multicolored bleachers and run over to my team. Hunter greets me with a scowl. I'm not surprised though. He never liked me, but I am the best girl dodgeball player in the school and he needed one girl. It was a pretty obvious choice.

I look around for the mysterious boy I saw earlier. He is by the court leaning on another guy. Turns out that "other guy" was my cousin Jackson. He is a real ladies man and he can do no wrong. He has straight A's, plays on the school lacrosse team, and has every girl in our school wrapped around his finger. I walk over to my cousin and rest a hand on his shoulder. He whipps his head around so fast I think his neck is going to snap. As soon as he sees me I can tell he calms down. His shoulder immediately relaxes and the nervous face disappears as a cheeky grin replaces it. He introduces me to the esoteric boy.

"Jordyn, this is Alex. He is a senior."

Alex sends me a playful wink.

"Hey, cutie."

I try responding but the words are trapped in my throat. I feel a warm blush travel to my cheeks causing me to stare at the ground. I can hear Jackson laughing at me, but Alex is telling him to stop. When I look up all I see is Alex smiling. He is pulling his arm into his stomach and bows, causing me to blush even more. His floppy hair falling over his eyes. He moves his hand from his stomach out to my hand. I take his and he pulls me back to the bleachers.

I really hate how easily my blush forms. If any boy comes into a ten foot radius of me, I blush. It is like a curse. As we approach the team an announcement comes over head telling the teams who are going to play in the first game. It is our team and "Black Thunder." We're going to play the team that won it all last year, and we have to play them first! I have a feeling this is where we get eliminated.

I wrench my hand out of Alex'a grasp and walk to Jackson. The look on Alex's face is making me feel so guilty. He gives me the puppy dog face. My only weakness, if anyone gives me that face I always end up melting at their feet. Right now I have to stay strong though. We have to beat this team.

As I approach Jackson he seems to feel the same way because he looks like he is going to be sick. He takes my hand and drags me to the court. The buzzer is set off and three of my teammates run to the balls lined up perfectly across the gym. Of course I run to the back to catch the balls. I see one teen start their wind up and sprint towards the throw. I jump to catch the ball but feel a huge blow to the back of my head and fall to the ground. Pinks and yellows are forming around my vision. The last thing I see is Jackson and Alex above me before I black out.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

End of chapter one

Comment and vote This is my first book so I need some feed back