Chapter 20

Brian POV

When I wake up I realize that the sun is directly in my eyes and I can't adjust myself because Jordyn is lying in my chest. Wait what? I look down to the body who is resting partly on me and partly on the couch. I honestly don't remember how we got into this situation. Oh god, what if we didn't use protection? Did we even do it? I can't be a father! Maybe she remembers what happened last night. I gently feel for her shoulder and nudge her.

"Jordyn" I whisper yell. "Jordyn get up" I try opening my eyes but slam them shut, wincing from the sunlight. I open them again and blink multiple times before finally getting used to the brightness. When I can comfortably keep my eyes open I look down at Jordyn who has wiggled her head on to my chest and brought her hand under my back. So in a way she is hugging me in her sleep. Her chest rises and falls evenly in sync with mine. Her mouth is slightly ajar and her hair is all parted to the right side of her head.

The lose pajama shirt is hanging off her shoulder showing her warm even toned skin. On the lower half of her left shoulder there is a small tattoo of a softball and a bat. The neon softball has a small silver tiara sitting on top of it while the bat is in motion to make contact with the ball. I didn't know she liked softball. I can guess that she played or still plays today. Looking down her body I notice another ink on her ankle. It is in all black but in the form of a chain of islands. Maybe Hawaii? I wonder why?

"Hey Jordyn" I poke her nose. She instantly swats at me and scrunches up her face making little wrinkles in the bridge of her nose. scanning over her face I run over a small tear shaped scar on the outer corner of her left eye surrounded by multiple freckals. Why does she have a scar? Why does she have so many things on her that no one knows about? I shake her shoulder one more time before realizing that this action won't work. I bend down and plave a small kiss on her forehead. She jumps back and flops around while falling to the floor. She lands with a loud 'thud.' She blows the hair away from her eyes and stares up at me.

"Why? I was sleeping peacefully on you." She starts but when she realizes what she said she starts to blush. this causes me to send her a smirk. Not a smirk that says 'I have that affect on girls so I'm not surprised' look but more like a 'aw that was cute how you went back on your word because you were embarressed' look, you know?

"Actually never mind what I just said. What time is it?" I look down to my watch and see that it's almost noon.

"Close to noon why?"

"Didn't you guys have to be somewhere at noon?" Be som- Oh fudge! Aunt Krissy's family meeting.

"Yes! Avery get up we need to leave now!" I shout while getting up. "Thank you for the fun night Jordyn, and sorry for leaving on such short notice." She looks down and gigles then looks back up to me.

"Go get out, I'll get Avery." I slip my shoes on and run outside to start the car.

Jordyn POV

Brian runs out of the house while I run to my bedroom. I run up the stair skipping two at a time while shouting for Avery to get up. I grab the door handle and fling the door open. I sprint to the bed and fall on Avery. She shrieks and flinches in her sleep.

"Avery there is a spider on your face!" I scream at her and she screams with me jumping up and down on the bed.

"Get it off, get it off! Get it off now!" She whails. I brake down laughing and she kicks me.

"You are terrible. I hate you."

"It was a joke Avery. I knew that if I said that then you would wake up. I'm doing you a favor because it is currently..." I pause and look up to my ceiling clock then finish my sentence." 11: 50 and you have somehwere to be at noon."