Chapter 6

I wake up thinking about what happened last night with Alex. He can be an arrogant jerk or a sweet sensitive person who you always want to be around. Although what I don't understand is why he is showing me a different side of him. I'm like every other girl in our school but he lets me see this side of him.

It sends a comfortable chill down my back. Knowing that Alex trusts me enough to relax when he is around, makes me smile. It also makes me laugh because the real him is a cunning, quirky boy who is afraid of dark places. Ha ha ha. That is such a silly fear.

------

I arrive to school a little late because I took to long trying to tame my hair. I lock my car and begin walking to the front entrance. As I stroll, I keep jolting my head around to see where Alex is.

"Hey!" This voice was so familiar I didn't even need to turn around to see who it was. Megan.

"Hey."

"Did you hear? Did you hear?"

"...Umm no"

"The dance is this Friday and Mike is gonna take you!"

"Wow" Was all I could muster up. I don't particularly like dances because I'm always left on the bleachers with no one, but Megan insists on me going.

"And guess what?" She asked.

"I'm going!"

Shocking, but Mike! He has been one of my best friends for years. He suddenly moved away two years ago without telling anyone why. It hurt me. How could he just up and move without a single 'Goodbye."

There is no need to be upset, because he is coming back now. I told myself

"Really?!"

"Yes! He came back for you, my dear" She said in an annoying and sarcastic tone.

Mike and I are just friends, very close friends.

As I am about to grab my things to leave I hear my phone go off. I expected it to be Megan or Alex but no, it was Mike.

"Better throw me a welcoming home party, 'cause I'm back, Baby!- M"

All I could do was laugh. I missed him so much and I didn't even realize it until he came home.

"Oh and by the way, you are going to this dance with me. ;) -M"

This was going to be a very fun dance, I could already tell.

I didn't get to see Alex at all today so I'm very curious as to what made him ditch school. I know he despises it but didn't he want to see me as much as I wanted to see him? Maybe it's all a joke. Maybe he doesn't like me and I'm just another accomplishment.

Oh no. I have to find out what was wrong before my imagination sent me over a cliff.

I pull out my phone and hit the call button when I land on Alex. The phone rings and rings and rings, until it sends me to voicemail. Something is definitely wrong, but Alex isn't the kind of guy who gets better by talking about it. He just needs time to work it out on his own. So I let him be.

Saturday. A day where teenagers hang out with friends at the beach and gossip about everyone alive. Well, not me. Saturday is a day where I stay home and watch Starstruck. Chad Dillion Cooper is just so hot with those little dimples.

I need to socialize more. It is a problem if I can recite all the lines of the movie without a problem. So I called Mike and asked him to come over. Which he does without hesitation. Then I call Megan to see if she could hang out but she was at work so she couldn't make it.

I am just about to watch my favorite scene when I hear a knock at my door. I don't even think about who it was before I shoot down my stairs and throw the door open.

To my surprise it is Alex.

"Hey."

"Hi. What are you doing here?"

"What, I can't stop by and see the girl I like?"

I don't respond. All I can think of is what would Alex say is he saw Michael here.

Alex and Mike don't exactly have a good history. They used to get in fights all the time before Mike left. He obviously could see straight through me.

"What's wrong? What happened?"

"No-Nothing. It's just..." Right as I was about to tell him, Mike pulled up in his car. What a terrible timing Mike.

"What's he doing here?"

"Alex, he is one of my best friends. He can hang out with me." I trry explaining.

"When did you plan on telling me this, Jordyn?"

"Did I have to?"

"'Did you have to?' 'Did you have to?' Of course you had to!"

"I-I," I stop "You don't own me Alex."

"What are you talking about? I want you to be honest with me. Don't hide things."

"'Don't hide things!' seriously? You don't want me to hide things but you ditch school and don't answer my calls. Talk about hiding things Alex!"

"Don't assume things, Jordyn."

"I know you well enough to know something is up."

"You don't know anything!"

What did he just say

"Get out, leave now."

"Wait. Jordyn I didn't mean that."

"Leave." I said in a cold, tense tone. "Now."

"Jordyn just listen to me."

I can't hold back the tears now. They just keep strolling down my cheeks, leaving tear stains.

"Please. Just go, I'm done."

He turns away and stroms off away, never looking back. He gets in his car and drives away at crazy speed. I don't know why but his recklessness bothers me, big time. He is just so narrow minded when he is mad. Although he has no right to be mad!

He didn't even want to hear the whole story! What a jerk! He acts like I have to report every single event and choice in my life to him. When he doesn't even tell me or explain to me why he ditched school.

What if something happened to me at school? He wouldn't be there. Although I know someone who would be- Mike. He would run a mile to make sure I was ok. Alex, he obviously doesn't care. Especially since he didn't even call!

Who does he think he is, my mother!? With that Michael runs up to me.

"Are you ok?"

"Yeah I'm fine, I'm just glad you're here." I wrap my arms around him, taking in his familiar scent that I missed so much.

It's almost like having your brother disappear suddenly and the re-appearing years later. I couldn't even explain what I was feeling at the moment. Just so many emotions washed over me. Anger, joy, outrage, shock.

Everything that just happened was a blur. I need to stop thinking about it. So I invite Mike in and we watched Starstruck. I can't believe he remembered that was my favorite movie.

We are sitting on my bed and laughing at each other until I get to tired, so I decide that I should go to lie dowm. I trust mike, I know he won't take advantage of me.

Right as my head hit my pillow, I was out. I'm assuming mike cleaned up and let himself out because my room was clean and the door was locked.

I woke up the next day with a pounding headache. I'm guessing for three reasons. One, I had a hard time sleeping last night. Two, I got in a fight with Alex yesterday, and that was a stupid topic to fight about. Last but not least, I knew I had to talk about what happened with Alex.

I take out my phone and text Alex.

"Hey we need to talk. Today -J"

Send