Chapter 5

Hey guys so I need you to listen to "A Drop In The Ocean" before you read this chapter. It'll make sense when you get to a specific part why I chose this song. Just trust me.

Thanks

-Morgan

It was finally Friday. It's not like I was counting down the days or anything. It's just that it is my first date with a guy like him. I usually go for the types that are into to science and computers. Although there is just something about his arrogance and stubbornness that is just so attractive.

What did I just say? No I am not letting myself fall for him. I am not the kind of girl who throws themselves at the football players just because they can; not happening.

It's around 4:30 p.m and I still need to shower, fix my hair, re-do my make up, and get dressed. I am so overwhelmed from the fact I have so much to do in so little time. All girls know that hair and makeup take up at least one hour, two hours tops. Ugh, why am I so nervous? He is no different from any other guy.

As I am finalizing my make up I get a text from Alex.

"Almost ready for our date? I can't wait to see your face.;) -A"

"Um yeah, me too?-J"

"Scared? Aww you poor thing. I would tell you that you'll be ok but I can't promise that.-A"

"... -J"

Great. I have no doubt he will put me through living helck. Why me? Out of all the girls in our school it had to be me. What have I done in life to cause me this karma? I have a part time job working at the hospital. This is a place where you help save lives. Unlike Alex's job, which is to ruin mine.

As I watch 'The Walking Dead' my nerves feel like they keep creeping up. On a scale they go from a two to an eight in about thirty minutes. I still can't figure it out. Alex will be here in twenty minutes if he doesn't stand me up. Although that could be a good thing. Maybe I could just back out. No that's terrible. Am I really being that kind of a girl.

I continue to think what type of a person I have come to, only to be disrupted by a doorbell. Oh my god, he is here! He is really here! Ok, ok. Calm down Jordyn.

I languidly rise from the couch. I take my soft hands and run them through my long, curly, brown hair. I have to look perfect.

I grab the door handle and pull it open, allowing the crisp, cool air to rush through my home. I turn my attention to the fascinating human being in front of me. Who knew that someone like him could be so... interesting and hidden from reality.

His eyes look a pale hazel. How does he do that? How is it possible to change his eye color naturally? He is wearing an American Eagle hoodie and light jeans with little rips in the knee. If I didn't know him I would think he was an innocent teenager with a pure heart, but figuring how he blackmailed me into going out with him tonight, I currently think otherwise.

He holds out his hand, signaling me to place my hand in his. It's firm and has scars. His hand looks like carvings trying to tell a story. The intricate grooves and ridges are beautiful.

He pulls me into a strong hug once he gets a grip on my hand. He is too strong so there is no way I can back out of his death lock, he calls a hug.

His warm breath travels down my shoulder and the side of my neck, making every single hair on my body stick straight up. I pray to God he doesn't realize what he does to me. His body tightens as if he was trying to make a difficult decision. Right after, he breaks away from our interaction and pulls me toward the car.