Chapter 12

I stayed with Mike for another hour or two before leaving with Alex. Mike wasn't allowed to leave until his parents came and signed some papers. His parents wouldn't get there for another hour or two so Mike told us to leave.

Everything seemed to be falling apart. Megan ditched me for those low life scums, Mike kept getting hurt and it somehow involved me, and I found out my brother isn't actually my brother. There is only one part of my life that hasn't come sky-rocketing down; Alex. He has been there for me through everything.

Although he wasn't there when Megan played her little skit. I wonder why that is? Should I ask him? Does he even know what happened? Am I even ready to talk about it? I can never find out if I don't try, right?

"Hey, I have question."

"Yeah, what's up?"

"Do you know what Megan did? Do you know why she did it to be more exact?"

"Listen I really don't want to talk about this right now"

That's wierd. What won't he talk about it? He should be the one asking me if I want to talk about it, not the other way around. Maybe he is just having a bad day and doesn't want to deal with more drama?

No you idiot. He is hiding something. Can't you see it? You are pouring your heart out to him and you are trying to talk about what is bothering you, but he blew you off. Doesn't that sound like a problem to you?

Thinking about, yes, it does sound like a problem. For once I think my conscience was right. Or maybe i'm just over thinking this, Maybe i'm not? God! Why can't I figure this out?

~*~

By the time Alex dropped me off at home I ran through all the possible scenarios of why he was acting like this. The entire car ride home it was silent. No music, no talking, just silence. It wasn't even the comfortable silence either. It made me want to jump out of the car- while it was moving- and sprint home alone.

I opened the front expecting a lecture from my mom about how what I did was rude, but she wasn't home. Her trip ended almost five hours ago. Whatever, I had a nicer time when she wasn't home anyway.

I dropped my stuff on the ground next to the front door, took off my shoes, and texted Alex. I wanted to apologize, but I couldn't think of reason to. So I just thanked him taking me home. Sadly he never answered me until the next day. It was a message I wasn't expecting to get from him.

"We need to talk today. Meet me by the alley behind our school @7. Bring no one-A"

If that didn't sound mysterious then I don't know what will. I was very hesitant to go because there was probably one reason as to why we were meeting there. He was going to break up with me. I wasn't ready to leave him. I need an outside opinion. I decided to call Mike. Hopefully he could help me.

"Hey Mike can you come over? I need some help"

"Yeah I'll be over in a minute. Are you ok?"

"Yeah I'm fine, I'm just confused on something."

"Ok I'll see you in a minute" He hung up the phone after finishing.

I walked downstairs and waited for the knock that would mean Mike was here. I waited close to ten minutes before he arrived.

I opened the door to a very weak Mike. His eyes showed a thousand different emotions, but one really stood out; worry. I assured him it was nothing to be worried about but he didn't believe me.I explained to him what happened after we left the nurse's office yesterday. He completely agreed with my conscience on this. Alex was definitely up to something.

I didn't want to believe he would do something so I kept telling myself that there was no way he would hurt me.

Time flew by and it was almost time to pay Alex a little visit. I tried convincing Mike to stay behind and not to come but he ignored me completely and told me he was going to stay near by. I took my car and Mike took his car.

His car is so gorgeous. It looks eight times better than mine. He could get every station known to man and mine could only get satelite. He is so lucky that his mother spoils him beyond belief. He turned up his radio loud enough that my whole street could hear. He played "Turn Down For What".

I turned on my car and played "Let It Go" from my all time favorite movie. He absoultely despises this song but I loved it so I was going to play it.

The ride was only five minutes or so and the drive was terifying. I felt like an entire zoo was going to break out of my stomach with each minute that went by. I kept reassuring myself that nothing was going to happen but my conscience was right there contradicting my thoughts.

Stop lying to yourself. You know he is going to break up with you.

At moments like this I wish I could take my conscience and throw it out the window. It adds to much stress having it.

I stopped at the school and parked it a couple of feet from the alley entrance. I could hear people talking and I immediatley noticed three voices. Megan's, Maddie's, and Alex's. Why was Alex with them? Actually why where they here with Alex?

I stopped right at the corner and listened to what they were saying. Or atleast tried. The voices were muffled by small groans. I peeked around the corner to see Alex sucking the life out of Maddie, while Megan was fixing her outfit. I felt like I was going to be sick.

I couldn't take it anymore I had to find out what was happening.

"Alex?" He pulled away after hearing my voice. He let a small grin sneak on to his face. That face made me want the Earth split open and let me fall in, but no karma wanted me to suffer.

"Right on time"

Megan and Maddie just stood there smiling and gigling. They acted as if they were best friends for as long as they can remember, but if I'm correct Megan was my bestfriend. Let me emphasize the 'was'.

"What is going on?"

"Can't you see it?" I shook my head. How was I supposed to see anything while I was blinded by love.

"Stupid kid. We were never real. I wanted Maddie and you were my only way to her."

My heart was pounding and was beating so fast it sounded like an earthquake. I was speechless. I never would have imagined.

"What does Megan have to do with it though?"

Alex was going to answer but Megan decided she would like the honors of torturing me.

"I wanted to be friends with Maddie since kindergarten and I asked what I needed to do. The only way we could be friends was if I hurt you beyond compare."

I could feel the anger boil from inside of me. I clenched my fists and unclenched them multiple times. I could feel the heat raise to my cheeks. There were tears springing from my eyes. I couldn't make out any words so only a low growl came out.

"Oh you poor, innocent thing." Maddie said

I took a step towards them, then haulted when Megan said something.

"What are you going to do? Hit me, again? Wouldn't you get into some serious trouble? Did you forget we are school grounds?" A sly smile crawled onto her face. It was so disgusting it made my stomach churn.

But it was a good question. What was I going to do?