Chapter 22

For the next couple of days Aves and I are hanging out just spending time being girls. Yesterday we went to get our nails done, today we are getting ice cream then watching a movie, and tomorrow we are planning on going to her house to hang out.

When I go to Aves I'm hoping to see Brian. Lately he hasn't been responding to my texts and calls and it's getting me nervous. I don't think I said or did anything to get him upset. Or maybe it's because I didn't say or do anything? Was I supposed to do something for him?

Then there is Daniel who won't stop texting me, apologising for what happened. I haven't responded to any of his communication techniques. He even tried to facetime me a couple hours after what happened. When is he going to realise that I don't want to talk? Maybe that's how Brian feels? That he doesn't want to talk anymore and that I'm not worth it.

"Bang!" What was that? Where is Avery? Did Avery make that sound? Is Avery hurt? Why do I keep coming up with so many questions?

Stupid girl go check on your friend! Oh right! Thanks Conscience. I slide my legs off the side of the couch and look around to see if Avery is near me. After scanning the room twice, I get up completely and start walking around to see what's going on.

"Avery?" I call out while searching the room. When I get no answer I start to panic. I sprint into the next room still calling Avery. When I reach the kitchen I notice that the basement door is cracked open slightly. That door is never opened except when I need to find more food from the celar. Otherwise it's closed and locked, and the key is in my room inside, of a small box, in my closet.

As I tip toe to the door I hear moaning and groaning. Oh this is good, real good. Before the 'love birds' stop what they're doing iI pull out my phone and turn on the camera. I walk down the stairs, trying not to make any noise. When I get a clear enough view of the tag team I turn my phone's camera to them and snap a couple of photos before they notice. Once I have enough evidence I tun back to the celar door and start up. On my third step the board creaks from my weight, and that is not a self served fat joke. I cringe, hoping that they don't hear me.

"Hello?" Ship! Why did this stupid board have to creak? I stand there with my shoulders in my ears and my heart pounding furiously. I'm sure that I could get caught from just my heart's loud beating.

"Anyone there?" Another person calls out. I look back to see if anyone is standing there and when I see no one is there I turn back and try up the stairs again. This time I get all the way up the stairs without causing another sound. When I get to the floor upstairs above me I run to from the celar door to the lounge room. I save the pictures to my camera roll and try to act normal. Or maybe I should pretend to sleep, that way it's absolutely impossible for me to have sneaked up on them. Unless I was sleep walking, which I wasn't.

I think I'll do that. I turn my phone off and shove it under the pillow. I then turn to my side and place my arms under my face and my face slightly into the couch siding.

I stay in that position for close to ten minutes before the mystery person and Avery comes up. My heart rate spikes again and my body becomes rigid. I suck in a breath and hold it until they pass by me.

"Are you sure no one saw us?" A deep voice asks.

"I'm positive, the only people here are you, me, and Jordyn, but she's asleep so it wasn't her." Aha, see I knew it would work. They would never expect a sleeping person.

"Ok I'll see you later. Love ya!" What? The guy just said 'I love you!' They should not be using that word. We are only,what, eighteen. That's crazy, I'm talking to her about this.

"Love too!" Ave shouts out the door before closing it. Do I confront her about it or stay fake sleeping? It's not really my business but how can anyone our age be serious, I mean they don't have any clue about love. Maybe I won't say anything about it all. It's her business, not mine, so I'm going to be a good friend and stay out of her life unless she invites me into it.

I decide to lay like this for another ten minutes before I fake stretch and and fake yawn signaling to Avery that I'm finally waking up.

"Hey Champ, you slept for a couple of hours. Guess you were really tired." Avery says from behind me.

"Oh yeah I had a rough night-" No I didn't, I had the best sleep in years actually. "plus I wanted to make sure I'm fully awake for tonight." I squeal to her.

"Right about that..." Why is she canceling? It better not be for the stupid man whore. "Brian said he doesn't want us coming." She twists her face to some what hide it behind her hair, not making eye contact at all.

"Why!? What did I do to make him run off? He hasn't answered any of my phone calls or texts and he ignores me when I see him out in public. Did I say something? Did I not do something? What? What is his problem?" I scream to her. Tears are welling up in my eyes causing my vision to blur.

I pull my hand from my side and drag the back of it across my face to cut off the tears from running more. A small sniffle rockets through my body.

"Jordyn I don't know what's wrong with him or what made him change his mind but, even though he is my brother, he has to be really stupid to turn you down like this." She walks over to me and rubs her hand on my back. "Do you want me to call him and see what's up? I'll put it on speaker." I sniffle again and nod my head.

She hops on to the next couch vision and starts to dial on her phone. It rings for three rings before Brian picks up.

"Hello?" He answered.

"Hey Brian I have a question yeah?"

"Yeah. Go ahead" He responds.

"So what happened between you and Jordyn? You guys really hit it off and she told me yesterday that you have been ignoring her."

"Avery you know I don't like this topic."

"Answer the question Brian. She is my new close, close friend and you can't treat her like this."

"I know, I know but you know that after the threat from that weird kid I backed off." I send Avery a questioning look after hearing threat.

"Brian the threat doesn't matter. Alex won't do anything." Alex! He ruined my only possible relationship. The only relationship that might be real and truthful.

"You don't know that Aves! I may like Jordyn but I'm not risking my life to be with her!" Ouch that one hurt, but I can expect that because we weren't serious. Helck we weren't anything!

"Whatever Brian but that is Dick move, just saying." Brian mumbles a 'whatever' before hanging up. I give her a slight nod before standing up and going to restroom.

"Jordyn wait, we need to talk about this!" Fresh tears are rolling down my face at full force. I take a step in and slam the door shut.

That grasshole! He doesn't get to meddle in my love life. He is the one who ruined it to begin with. Ugh I hate him!

I continue to sob for hours before I finally realize that I need to talk to him. I need to know why he is doing this.

I unlock the door and walk out dragging my feet during the walk. I tell Avery that I'm calling Alex. She screams telling me not to do it without her. I start laughing at her and pull my out my phone.

I scroll down my contacts until I reach Alex. It feels like every time I call Alex it's because he did something I have to tell at him for. I swear it's every time.

I tap the number on the screen and it starts to dial. I feel my breaths shorten and my hands get clammy. My heart starts racing in my chest and it feels like it's going to beat out of my chest.

I sit for what feels like two seconds before he picks up.

"Hello Beautiful." I can hear the smirk playing on his face as he says this.

----------------------------------------------

I am so so sorry for the late update. My mother decide to take my phone away for a week so I finally got it back today! Yay!!!! That means you all get an update!!! I'm sorry if it's short and boring. It's kind of a filler chapter, but it leads to the finale!!! Woooo finale! It's gonna be good! So happy reading!

Btw: I didn't spell check or grammar check so please excuse the errors or message them to me on my board. Thanks!

-Morgan