Chapter 19

Once Alex leaves, I go back to cleaning the lounge room. Since my mom and dad aren't home to clean, I have to. When I finish cleaning that room, and every other one - because I got carried away - I realize that I haven't had dinner. For some reason the only thing in my mind right now is Chinese.

I run up to my room and grab twenty dollars. Obviously I have to order out since I didn't get time to go food shopping this week. I call the restaurant, recite my regular order and they reply by telling me it'll arrive in ten minutes.

I realize that my show is still paused so I go back downstairs and continue watching it. Who knew that watching people solve murders could be so interesting. The episode is almost over when someone knocks on my door. When they said ten minutes they probably meant ten minutes plus the other twenty minutes they forgot to mention.

I get up from my seat and walk to the door with the money in hand. This place is not, and I repeat not, getting a tip from me. If anything I should be getting this for free. I open the door and hand the deliverer the money in exchange for the food. I can tell the person is a girl but I can't see her face behind the big bag. I can see her dark brown hair pulled into a braid and the headband holding it all back but nothing else.

When I turn to close the door I feel a thud and the door stops suddenly. I stand there in shock trying to figure out why it won't shut. I hear a small voice over my thoughts and turn back around.

"What?" I ask.

"I asked if I've seen you before because you seem really familiar," she says. I get a good look at her face, to be honest I have seen her before. Where? I don't know.

"Aren't you the girl that Alex left for Maddie?" Could you be any more oblivious to the fact that it actually hurt me? I grit my teeth and roll my eyes right before I begin to respond.

"Yes that was me. Any other hard moments of my life that you would like to bring up? I have plenty!" I'm not sure where the anger comes from but I guess it's the observation that people only notice me now because Alex dumped me. How would you feel if that person is you? Pretty bad if I do say so myself.

"Jeez I didn't mean it like that. You're just known by everyone because of that event. Actaully forget I said that. Um... ok let's just say I know you from seeing you in school." She plays with the string hanging from her uniform shirt nervously.

"Listen don't worry about it. I know that no one noticed me until Alex, and it's fine." I nod to her and give her a smile. I truly don't blame her for only knowing me by what happened. It's not like she would have noticed me if it weren't for that anyway.

"Yeah well I don't think what he did was nice and he is a total jerk. No one deserves that." She might be the only one that thinks that as well. I'm sure that other people feel the same way but they haven't said it straight to my face. I really appreciate her honesty and braveness.

"Thank you." I reply. I really am starting to like this girl. She understands.

"You know what? We should really hang out some time." I think that we'd make really good friends, and honestly that's exactly what I need right now. When my request sinks in her mind excitement fixates onto her face.

"OMG! No way! Really? Of course, I'd love to!" Oh gosh if this chick says oh my god in the abbreviated state then I may have to rethink this. I look back at her face and see her cover her mouth. She look like she wants to say something but doesn't at the same time. "I'm so sorry for saying 'OMG'. I usually don't. Please don't defriend me." she says with her hands in front of her face in a praying form. I let out a little giggle and shake my head.