Chapter 16

I wake up to a muffled banging on my door, damn animals. I can't help but think an incoherent thought due to my lack sleep and my inability to identify where the noise is coming from. The banging becomes louder. What the helck! Stop banging the door! The banging continues. I can't sleep in for one day without a disturbance.

I sling myself out of bed and walk to the front door. The chilled kitchen tile floor sends shivers up my spine. I wish I put slippers on. Ugh why do I have to be so slow, mentally, in the morning. It only hurts me.

I slam my hand on the door handle just a little to hard, after I release it I feel an immediate bruise forming. The door opens slowly and little by little and slivers of Mike's face appears. This boy can never look bad, it's incredible.

He waves to me with an adorable smile. I don't think I have ever seen a smile like this on his face. It's a smile of pure happiness, like nothing can bother him, he shows a full two rows of pure white. I have never seemed to notice that before.

"Your teeth are really white." He just looks down towards the ground, shakes his head, and chuckles.

"You make me laugh. You open the door to see me and the first thing you say is something about my teeth. Not even a 'good morning,'" Oops. Did I forget to say good morning?

"You know I'm not a morning person, Mike." I voice as I try to get my hair to look somewhat decent.

"Yes, I know. I can tell by your hair." He laughed. I am trying to fix it but I guess a little saliva won't make it any better.

"Thanks," I say with a hiss of sarcasm. I pull the door open wider so Mike is able to enter my fabulous home.

I wave my hand in a circular motion demanding Mike to come in. He slides his hands into his front pockets and blows his hair out of his eyes. He walks in and looks around.

"Yes I know, it's cold and empty," I say. He nods his head and a frown inches on his face.

"I feel terrible Jordyn-" Why would he feel bad? I would have asked him if he didn't cut me off. "You live alone with nobody to care for you, your best friend left you, and your boyfriend dumped you for the girl who torments you every day. How do you wake up in the morning and move on?"

That is a really good question. I have no clue how I do it. "I know I don't have many people in my life right now, but I have you and Daniel. I don't need anyone else." I respond.

"Daniel? Who is Daniel? Is it that kid from the retaurant?" He asks with a questioning look and a hint of sadness, that look your parents give you when they think you did something wrong but you won't admit to it.

I am to embarressed to answer and I don't trust my voice. If I answer it will just come out as a squeek, and the last thing I want is to embarress myself even more. So I nod.

Why does Mike remember him? I guess it's because he gave me his number while Mike and I were out to eat. That is a pretty bold move. For all he knew Mike and I could have been on a date.

He is about to respond when someone knocks on my door silencing him. No please don't be Daniel. That would be terrible timing.

I hold up my finger showing Mike that I'd be back in no time, and walk to the door. I run my fingers through my hair once again, take a deep breath, and swing the door open.

I see a pair of deep brown eyes staring at me. Man he looks good. He should come over more often. You'd have a lot more fun, if you know what I mean. Jeez conscience could you be any more vulgar? Did you forget we are teenagers? Exactly. Done. I'm done with this conversation. Don't respond either.

I smile sheepishly, I can't hide the redness appearing on my cheeks. He looks so good right now. He's wearing a dark blue button up shirt and jeans that hug his waist perfectly. He smiles back and gives me a wink.

His act sends a stampede of butterlies into my stomach. Or maybe it is elephants?

"Elephants? What do you mean Princess?"

Did I just say all of that out loud?

"No you didn't say everything out loud, just the part about elephants."

Thank god.

"There is nothing wrong with elephants. They are really cute. Like you," The blush is wasting no time in flooding my cheeks. there is no way I am holding back this one.

"You are really cute when you are flattered and nervous. Did you know that?"

I nod really quick for the tenth time, atleast, and he begins laughing. He grips his stomach and falls to the ground. He has tears strolling down his face when Mike clears his throat.

"Am I interrupting something?" Noticing the irritation in Mike's voice, I form a straight face while Daniel continues laughing. I nudge his shoulder whispering for him to be quiet. He stops laughing but lets out a little giggle.

"There was nothing to interrupt Mike."

"Ok good," This just got really awkward. I need to change the subject.

"Hey Daniel I need to talk to you in the kitchen" I tip my head in the direction of the kitchen. I begin walking into it when Daniel comes up to me and grabs my elbow.

"That was fun, why did we have to leave?" He asks.

"It- Nevermind. What's really important right now is the fact that I can't do this to Mike. I can't use him. He is the only one I have left. Dating him will ruin everything." I give him a look that is begging him not to make me date him.

"Fine if you won't date him, then you have to date me."

"Excuse me?" He did not just tell me to date him.

"Are you deaf? I told you to date me instead."

"And who said I wanted to date you?" I ask.

"Oh please, We both know we have attractions toward each other."

"Oh no, no, no, no. One; you only have a physical attraction to me. Me on the other hand have a over all attraction to you." It is taking me a second to realize what I just said. As I figure it out my eyes bulge out of my head and my jaw drops. "No that's not what I meant."

"Yeah ok Princess. I already knew, so stop stressing."

"I didn't even know, forget you knowing." He lets out a small laugh, walks up to me with his hands in his pockets, and stops merely an inch from my face. He takes a deep breath and opens his mouth.

"If you're going to be my girlfriend then you need to be used to this."

"Used to wh-?" Before I can finish asking he cuts me off with a surprising act.

Daniel is kissing me. In my kitchen, with Mike in the other room. Good Lord, what this boy does to me is inhumane, but there is no way I am stopping this. Lucky for me I don't have to stop it, because Mike already did.

Whap!

Mike's fist collides with Daniel's jaw and I'm stuck standing here while Daniel is on the ground re-adjusting his jaw. What the helck did Mike just do?

"Mike!"