Chapter 7

Alex's POV

Who does she think she is. She just invited over the only person I hate more than my father. She didn't even ask first!

'Alex, he is one of my best friends. He can hang out with me.'

Why does this sentence keep replaying in my mind. Is it because I am wrong? No, I know that my reaction towards what she did is right.

The look on her face when she was trying to explain is tearing me apart. She looked hurt, upset, like she couldn't believe that I can't trust her.

It's just that jerk always had feelings for Jordyn and she is to naíve to see it. She thinks he is just her best-friend, well, wake up call darling. He likes you.

As I drive to my bro's house my phone goes off.

"Hey we need to talk. Today.-J"

What? Why can't she just stay away and sulk like every other girl I get in a fight with.

She isn't like 'every other girl.' I told myself

Well I need to take time and think because I know that I'm not great at reacting when I'm mad. So I don't respond to Jordyn and continue to drive to Jackson's place.

I find it ironic that my best-friend is actually Jordyn's cousin. Although it is so very helpful when we do get in fights because I can go to him. He knows Jordyn better than anyone.

I take out my phone and call Jackson. He really gets on my nerves though, because he waits until the last ring before picking up. Jerk

"Hey, dude I need to talk to you"

"Did you get in a fight again?"

"Yeah, but not with who you think."

"...Hmm, let me guess. Jordyn."

That a$$. He knew who it was. He even told me he knew, he said her name with confidence. It wasn't a question.

"Uh, yeah."

"'K. I'm home so you can stop by."

He hung up before I could respond. He knows exactly what to say all the time. I wouldn't be surprised if Jordyn already talked to him about it.

----
--

I stop at Jackson's door and knocked like a mad man.

Knock, knock, knock, knock, knock.

Maybe it was a little to much, but I'm still mad with her.

"Dude, I'm right here, chill out."

I don't need to apologize. He knows I'm just trying to blow off steam.

"Can we talk now or are you going to lecture me some more?"

"Jeez, yeah come in."

I walk into the living room and drop into his recliner.

"Ok, so what's up?"

Just thinking about what happened gets me irritated.

"She invited him over! How could she do that? She didn't even ask! She knows how much we hate each other! Why was she hiding him? What were they gonna do? Why w-"

"Hey! My cousin is naive, not a slut."

"Sorry" I did need to apologize for that.

"Listen, Mike is her best-friend. He just up and left, you know that. How do you think she felt? Not even a goodbye. Obviously when he did decide to come back she was going to invite him over. Plus from what I heard you didn't even say a word to her that day. Not a text. Not a call. How would she be able to ask you, if you didn't respond or call her?"