Chapter 4

• Dedicated to Mike Rodrigues for inspiring the story

The next day I walk into class hoping that today won't involve Alex at all. I need to stop thinking about him. Every waking moment of the day reminds me of him

'Oh my god, I got detention.'

'Chris O'Riley just kissed me!'

'My teacher got this really ratchet haircut. His entire head is full of uneven hair.'

The last comment was actually said because of what I did. Everything else has no correspondence to Alex, but it still reminds me if him. How can someone be so aggravating and self absorbed but still be attractive and stunning at the same time? All I can think of is us together in a perfect moment.

Daydream

We stood there. Our fingers intertwined. The moonlight hitting his cheekbones in the most incredible way, making them seem bolder and more defined. His eyes turned to a solid, distant green. His hair is messy but clean cut. It looks as though he could be in a Hollister commercial. He is facing the ocean in front of us, making this moment even more dramatic. I continue to stare at him thinking of all the things we could do together. One of them being....

End of Daydream

"Jordyn!"

Dammit. So close.

"Jordyn, will you please answer me."

"What? What? What could you possibly want?"

"Geez sorry. Didn't realize you were in a grumpy mood."

"I am not! Can you just tell me what you need please."

"Forget it."

Ugh, I really hate when people go out of their way to get my attention then say 'forget it' when they realize I'm not in the mood to talk. A couple of minutes go by before the bell signaling class is over rings.

I grip my backpack strap and sling it over my shoulder. As the bag hits my back I realize it is unzipped. All of my papers are sprawled on the floor, joined by some books and a binder. I find myself in the classroom alone. I continue to pack my things up once more as I see a shadow of a figure in front of me.

Of course it had to be Alex.

"Hey suga', want some help?"

"No, I don't need help from you."

"Whoa, didn't mean to get you upset. Are you PMSing?"

Why does everyone think that I am in a bad mood, what if I am on my period or PMSing?

"Umm no."

God he is annoying. Why can't he be like everyone else in this school and pretend I'm not here?

"So... I was wondering,"

My heart is completeky stopepd at the moment.. Just the thought of anyone even starting a sentence with those words sent a chill done my spine. My cheeks fill with a warm blush and my gaze on him strengthens.

"If you were going to the dance next Friday?"

What the helck. And yes this is my word. I refuse to say the underworld's usual name. Does he realize who and what he is asking? He is pretty much asking me if I am willing to go with him. Or at least that is what I think he is doing.

"Yes. why?"

"Just starting conversation. You can get pretty boring when all you do is stare at my face."

"I do not, and I am not boring!"

"Ok, say whatever you have to to be able to sleep tonight."

Poor boy doesn't even know the actual saying. He is going to need as much help as he can get. 

I shake my head and begin to walk out of the classroom. I have no idea what my problem is today. Maybe it was because I have not seen Alex all day. As soon as I interacted with him, I felt ten times better. It's like he makes my day better. What was I thinking! He doesn't make my day. He just adds humor to my life. Everyone's day gets better with humor. Right? That has to be it.

*************************

When I finish my homework, it is around 7:30 p.m. I stand up from my desk and walk to my bed. Although I feel like I'm more so dragging myself than I am walking. I fall into my bed and pull the sheets on to my face. The cool, silk texture sends chills through out my body. I feel for my phone under my pillow, so I can set my alarm to wake me in the morning. I pull out my phone and flip the top open. I have 3 new messages all from Alex.

"Don't forget about our date ;) -A"

"Don't be mad Baby Doll. I promise it'll be fun. -A"

"I can play hard to get too. Just wait :p -A"

This immediately puts a smile to my face. Why does he care so much about if I was mad? He was probably bored and just thought texting me stupid things would get me mad. He was wrong though, he never gets me mad. Aggravated, yes. Mad, no. Just another perk of being Alex Smith.

"No stupid, I'm not mad. But I am tired, so I'm going to bed. Good night. -J"

"Good night. Don't dream about me too much. ;p -A"

"Trust me I won't lol-J"

The next day is so slow. Each and every class feels like three hours. I want to strangle all of my teachers even though they really don't do anything to get me mad. This time I am actually in one of those moods. Oh did I forget to mention that Alex is absent today. Yeah he has the flu. Gross.

As soon as I get home I'm taking a long long nap. I'll jsut skip my homework. I'll do it on the bus tomorrow morning. I woke up around 11 p.m to see 5 texts. Two from Megan, one from my mother, and two from Alex. I only want to open the ones from Alex.

I feel terrible for not responding to my best friend but I really don't have enough energy to have a full conversation with her.

" Hey -A "

" Mad again? What did I do this time? -A "

I felt even worse for making him think that I was mad at him. I was asleep though, he can't blame me for not answering.

"No I'm not mad. Why do you always think I'm mad? -J"

Not even 20 second later. 'Beep. Beep. Beep.'

" You are very sensitive. -A"

"Am not! -J"

" See. Very defensive too. If I do say so myself.-A"

"Nobody asked you. Whoops. Was that mean? I am so sorry. Jkjk-J"

"No one likes a smart ass, Jordyn. Watch it. Being like that only gets you into trouble. :)-A"

Oh no. What does that mean. Suddenly I lost the urge to sleep. I Could only think of what he meant and what 'trouble' I can get into. I really hope he is joking. Although from what I know about Alex already, I had a feeling he was far from joking.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment and Vote.

Btw definitely not edited before posted. Sorry. Way to tired to correct everything