Chapter 3

Today is my first day back at school since the dodgeball incident. I am excited but very nervous. I love school but I know Alex is going to do something.

As I open my locker- 17, 02, 27 - to pull my AP biology book and AP chemistry book out I hear a low, familiar voice from down the hallway. Sure enough it is Alex. I shut my locker and walk the other way. I want to run as fast as my legs will go, but I need to look calm, cool, and collected.

Alex finally catches up, and he rests his hand on my shoulder. His hand is lukewarm on my bare skin. He tuggs my shoulder and turns me around. Making me spin on my heels.

"Hey, cutie."

"Talking to me? Why don't you go play with the other girls? I don't have time for you."

"That cut deep baby." gripping his shirt right where his heart is. " you should be careful what you say, my feelings are very delicate."

"Oh, I'm sorry. I can't tell past that ego of yours."

I shake my shoulder out of his grasp and start towards class again. He follows me all the way towards the door. I turn around and freak out on him.

"Can you not follow me all over school, I mean go away. You're acting like a creep."

He gives me a mischievous grin, turns on his heels, and marches away like a soldier. Maybe I can finally get some piece and quiet.

I walk into the classroom and search for a spot to sit down. I don't even care about who my teacher is. Until I see her. Mrs. Harris. The most horrid, cruelest teacher in the school. My jaw hits the ground when I see her. I have never had one class with her and she despises me completely. Which makes me despise her, but I despise her with a passion. She does it just for the fun.

Not even two minutes after class begins I am sent down to detention. I can still see it in my head. Clearly too.

Flashback

I was sitting next to drummer boy in the corner of the room. Mrs. Harris was at the board putting up equations and solutions. she turned around and told me to stand and to solve each equation in under five minutes. I stood up so fast the desk toppled over.

I didn't mean to make it fall

She immediately sent me a death glare and told me to sit and do what I was told. I didn't sit down but I said to her

"I will do what I want and you can't do anything about it. You have to control everyone in this grade because it makes you feel important. Well, just a heads up. You don't mean anything to this school."

With that I stared into her deep, forever going eyes and smiled. I walked over to her, held out my hand and waited for my slip. She wrote out the detention slip for me and I walked out with it.

End of FLashback

I never do stuff like that. What was I thinking! Even if I hated teachers I never told them off.

Dammit this is all Alex's fault. He gets me so mad in the morning. Then seeing that disgusting person of a teacher set me off.

I walk into the detention room only to find Alex in the back row. Shoot me. I guess I said that out loud because Alex began to open his big mouth.

"Gladly, baby."

I want to scream. Why does his ego have to be the same size as Texas.

I walk to the teacher who was sleeping with his feet on the desk. I snap my fingers hoping to wake him up. Since that guy isn't going to wake up I think I might as well have some fun with it. So I stick my tongue out at him, and began cutting his hair. I throw away all evidence after my task was complete so I wouldn't get in trouble. I turn around and walk to a desk. I choose the desk that was farthest from Alex.

Except he gets up and is coming to sit with me.

"Hey, baby. Why are you avoiding me? I thought we have something special."

"Special my butt."

"Our date on Friday won't be fun with that attitude."

Why can't he get that I don't want to go with him. He gets me so mad. He is obviously a trouble maker since he is in detention. I like the polite and smart guys. I am positive Alex is not one of those adjectives. Polite does not fit his personality at all.

As the period began to end I decide to gather all my stuff and start to walk out. Alex right behind me. He walks so close to my ear that I can feel his warm breath on my neck.

"If you don't want to get in trouble for assaulting a teacher then you should go on that date with me."

Oh my god. He is blackmailing me now! What kind of a low life jerk needs to blackmail a girl into going on a date with him.

I don't want to get in trouble though. So I just nod and continue to walk out. He stops me again right before getting out the door. He walks up from behind me and gives me a small peck on my cheek. My anger is burning me on the inside. The blush that forming, was out of sheer anger.

"Better be nice Baby. Don't forget I was a witness to your little assault spree."

I am frozen. He won't do that, right? He probably will. So now I really have to be careful.

He walks out before me and heads to his next class. I'm doing the same, but I am replaying what happened in my head. For some reason it is making me smile. No! Don't think like that. You don't like him. But maybe I do. Maybe I am starting too. No this can't be happening, I can't fall for a blackmailing jerk.