Chapter 11

Sunday went by painfully slow. I sat home, watched t.v, and did homework. I was dreading today for many reasons.

One: I have to deal with Maddie today, just like every other day

Two: Mike is coming back to school today and I don't think I'm ready to face it yet.

Three: I didn't do my homework

Finally, Four: Mondays suck

I don't know if he heard any of what I said, but honestly it didn't matter. If he did hear it then great, if not then oh well.

I was walking into school when I heard a set of footsteps following me. I started walking faster until I realized that this person wasn't going to stop following me. I turned around only to see a pair of crystal blue eyes inches from my face.

A pair of eyes that I was not ready to see yet. Mike. I don't want to talk yet but I feel like I need to talk to him. I need him to know that I'm here for him.

"Hey"

I'm not ready. Not ready. Not ready. I can already feel the hot tears build up in my eyes. Damn emotions; can never handle themselves.

I turned fast on my heels after noticing that Mike was on one crutch. Of course my reflexes were to slow and he ended up stoping me before I could sprint away.

"Please Mike, I'm not ready." I could instantly feel his grip loosen and I took that as an opportunity to flee.

I bolted down the hallway to my locker. As soon as I knew Mike would have no way of catching up to me I slowed down. I began to walk which allowed my heart rate to slow down too.

When I was a couple of feet from my locker I heard a few giggles and whispers from behind me. I turned around to see the usual girls who bully me, but there was a face that was so unusual I think my jaw dropped to the ground.

"Hey there, Slut" Megan said pulling along the "l" in the word.

Megan can't be saying this to me. We are best friends. I turned around to see if she was saying it to someone else and I was just in the way. But to my disappointment no one was here except the girls and I.

"M-megan?"

"Yeah it's me. Listen I know I'm gorgeous and all but close your mouth people might think you're lesbian or something." What? Why was she saying this to me.

"Megan? What? Why are you saying this? We are best friends. Did you forget that?"

"Forget! I could never get it out of my head! I would stay up all night thinking 'how the hell did I end up '''friends''' with this nerd'?"

Ouch, that one really hurt me. I just don't understand why she would do this.

I was speechless. I had no idea what to say. Even if I had words to say I wouldn't because I don't trust my voice right now. I just nodded because I could feel the tears running down my face.

"Aw is the little nerd gonna cry? Boo hoo. Cry me a river why don't 'ya? Oh and BTW's tell Mike that he means nothing and that I hope his leg breakes."

That was it. That statement about Mike just sent me over the top. That little bi*** has no right to say this after what we have been through.

I decided to go against my better judgment and slap her. My hand came flying up and when it made contact with her face a searing pain shot through it. I can only imagine how her face must have felt.

When I brought my hand back down I noticed her face turn a deep shade of red where my hand print was. Then it was gone because it blended in with the rest of her face. She was mad and anyone could tell with one look.