Chapter 13

Listen to the music video before reading. It really helps. Seriously suggested.

-Morgan

Run Jordyn! Run! Run as far as your legs can take you! Go! Go! My conscience is yelling at me. You stupid girl staying here will only hurt you more! My limbs are numb. All feeling is completely gone. My head is like wasteland. You can search my mind for years and not find a single thought.

Them. Their faces are burning holes in mine. Their eyes are narrowed into slits. They have evil grins plastered on their face. The sun is shining only a little so that part of their faces are shown.

"Get. Go away, we're done here." Maddie snaps at me. Megan begins laughing at me as Alex and Maddie begin sucking each others' tonsils out. I can say that I am not thinking right now, and that's why I am running for dear life.

I am running. Running as fast as I can. I get to my car and swing the door open. I think I just broke my door. I can't stop the tears from overflowing now. They are just never ending. I don't think they will ever stop. The pain is to deep and to strong for the tears to hault. I need help, I need someone here right now. I bend my knees up and rest my head on them.

Breath Jordyn. Just breath. That's what I'm doing you stupid conscience! If I wern't breathing then I'd be dead. But of course I don't think Alex, Maddie, or Megan would actually care. They would probably throw a party. Although what I can't figure out is why Maddie hates me enough to ruin my life. She knows that I have practically no one in my life. My mother is never home, -not saying that's a bad thing- my dad is no where to be found, and my brother wants nothing to do with me. She took my one of my two best friends. Or at least I thought she was my best friend, guess not. Then she goes and takes my only love.

Except he was never truly mine. He always had his heart on Maddie. Ouch, thinking about this really hurts.

Stop thinking about it and call Mike. He can help, if you know what I mean. If not then you will figure it out later. What was my conscience talking about? How can Mike possibly help me? Well I guess I'll find out just like my conscience said. So I'm going to listen to it and call Mike.

I pull out my phone and scroll down until I get to Mike. I click the call button and wait until he answers.

"Mike? I r-really need y-you right now." The tears are strolling down my face at a rate that I consider close to unhealthy.

"I'm coming right now, don't move." He doesn't even question me about what happened. I hang up my phone and throw it at the dash board. Of course, with my luck, the bag blows up and hurts my arm.

"Dammit! What the helck!" I take my arm and slam it into the door. Nothing is going my way today.

Right before Mike gets in the passenger side door, I pull my sleeve up and cradle my arm.

"What happened?" I am not entirely sure what part he is talking about. The airbag part or the alley part?

"Which p-part?" I ask while staring into his deep brown eyes.

"There is more than what happened in the alley?" He asks with a sense of anger and depression.

"Never mind. It's not important."

"Tell me, Jordyn"

"Really it's nothing. I just hit the airbag to hard and it blew up."

"What!"

"Mike it's nothing. Really."

"Nothing are you kidding me? Come sit in this seat I'm driving you home now."

"What about your car?"

"I'll have one of the guys come pick it up." I can't believe Mike is going through all this trouble even though he just got into a car accident and got beat up.

I open my door and plop one foot on the ground. I walk to the other side of the car while gripping my arm. I throw myself into the car and buckle my belt.

Mike starts the car and we drive home. The ride home is silent. I find it to be a comfortable silence because Mike is calm right now. If he were mad and showing it, then I would rather walk home because the ride would be unbearable.

When he pulls into the driveway I hear him ask something but I can't figure out what it is.

"What?" I ask

"Do you want me to come in and watch you for the night?"

Wow I have never heard anyone ask that before. They never seem to care enough, but I guess I am wrong.

"Um, yeah that will be great. Thanks."

"Don't thank me. It's the least I could do."

Mike walks ahead of me and opens the door wide enough so I can slip through without hitting my arm.

I walk straight to the freezer and pull out an ice pack. I place it on my arm and walk to the couch. After getting comfortable, I tell Mike to make himself at home. I am slightly asleep right now so I can barely hear what he is saying.

He says something like,

Anywhere with you is home

I shift into another position and fall to sleep.

___________________________________

---------------------------------

Hey guys. So today is a VERY important day. My brother is turning one!!! happy Birthday Maxwell :* :* I love you!!!! This chapter is for you