12. Happy Bloody Birthday

apparently me updating "soon" means the next day lol

hope you like the chapter :D

* ° * ° *

The Halloween Feast was a real treat.

Drew didn't know how Hogwarts could make dinner any better than it usually was, but she was always proven wrong when the holidays came.

Jack-o-lanterns floated above their heads, candles flickering inside them, and Dumbledore was donning a witch's hat that looked suspiciously like it'd been bought at the pound shop.

And the food. It was piled up even higher than before, with a distinct spooky and autumn spin.

Cakes were pumpkin orange, inky black, bloody red, and ghastly white. Pumpkins filled with candy lined each table. The roast chicken looked rotten but tasted divine, the rice resembled maggots, and the donuts had spider-shaped sprinkles that moved.

Cyndee loved the spiders, and she'd eat a whole mouthful and let her tongue fall out to show Drew the black sprinkles crawling around her tongue.

Drew laughed, "Ew, close your mouth, freak."

The other girl just giggled and helped herself to another donut.

Wilby was inhaling all the pumpkin-flavoured Butterbeer, and she could have sworn that he was getting drunk.

Did Butterbeer have any alcoholic content? It probably did, so she reached over to pluck his goblet out of his hand and drop it into a swirling grey soup.

He looked at her dismayed. "Butterbeer," he whined.

"Yes, I know," Drew rolled her eyes. "You should eat some eggs." She pushed towards him a plate of scrambled eggs with ketchup (?) in zigzags over it.

He stared at it for a long ten seconds before deciding, "Okay."

Draco Malfoy and his friends were also eating like pigs. At every few intervals, Malfoy would send either Crabbe or Goyle down the table to bring him any faraway dishes that looked fattening.

Drew snatched the roast chicken back from Goyle and shooed him off with a malicious glare. Nobody could touch her chicken, even if she was full and couldn't eat another bite.

Cyndee touched Drew's arm, "H-how long do we stay?"

"Few more minutes," she whispered back, careful not to let the normally attentive Wilby hear. "Let him finish his eggs."

When Wilby scraped up the last drop of ketchup on his finished plate, Drew stood up, tugging Cyndee up with her. "C'mon Wilby, time to go."

He tried to fish his goblet out of the soup without staining his sleeve, "Okay, just wait a minute—"

She threw her spoon at him, "Now, Wilby."

Obediently he stood up and walked with them. Drew casually swept a candy-filled pumpkin off the end of the table to the outrage of the girl sitting across from Xavier. He tried to grab it back for her, but the three were already rushing out the door, on their way to the Slytherin Dungeons.

"Uh, where are we going?" Wilby asked, and Drew shushed him.

It was half past eleven, and Wilby seemed to not remember what day it was, because when he walked into the common room his mouth dropped open.

A beautiful blue banner saying happy birthday dimwad was floating over the fireplace, and Drew waved her wand, white fireworks shooting out. Jinx came bounding over, a tiny blue party hat on her head, not meowing with complaint for once.