16. Here's to Surviving School

The match between Hufflepuff and Gryffindor was cancelled after news that two more students had been Petrified — Hermione Granger and Penelope Clearwater.

Now, all the second-year Slytherins were gathered in the common room, discussing the events. Cyndee, Drew, and Wilby were squeezed together on a sofa, with Blaise managing to make himself elegant as he was perched on the armrest.

"I hear Hagrid's been sacked," Isabell said conspiratorially. Her golden blonde hair was as perfect as ever, and the curls bounced around as she blabbed with that mouth of hers.

Blaise frowned critically, "Heard from whom?"

"From me," Malfoy sneered. "And good riddance, too. That man — if he can even be called that — was a danger to all of us."

"What, was he the Heir?" Pansy asked, wide-eyed.

"No!" he snapped at her. "The Heir is a Slytherin, and he was most certainly not one."

Pansy dropped her eyes, "But Draco, he befriends so many creatures. The monster could be one of his."

"No, Pansy. It can't be him."

"And it's definitely not Harry Potter," Millicent added dully.

Malfoy tone was scathing enough to sear a hole through the stone walls, "Anyone who ever believed that rumour is a fool. Now that Granger's been attacked, surely the scrotes in those other Houses will come to their senses."

"I do hope the attacks stop though," Eliza murmured quietly from behind her hair.

Drew stared at her in surprise, along with the rest of the students. She thought she'd be delighted.

"Not that I care about the Muggle-borns!" Eliza cried hastily, waving her hands delicately. "It is just that — once people realize it is not Potter — the other Houses will hate us, since none of us have been attacked."

"They already hate us," Draco retorted dryly. "Do you have anything worthwhile to contribute to this or not?"

Eliza's face flushed scarlet, and with a flourish, excused herself and stalked towards the dormitory, with Isabell following. Drew found herself almost accepting Malfoy for half a second.

Seeing her curious look, he sneered once more, "That girl disgusts me. She hates every minority in existence. Ridiculous, I say. Blood purity should be the only one people care about."

Drew sighed, folding her arms to prevent herself from lashing out. "It was going so well."

"I hope you're next," he said vehemently.

Drew shot to her feet, blood boiling, "Listen here you pasty-skinned cabbage —"

"SHUT UP YOU TWO," Xavier yelled from his sofa. Drew stood up, and glaring at the both of them, stormed to her room.

* ° * ° *

Three weeks later, Ginny Weasley was kidnapped.

Malfoy was going mad, of course.

Drew was sprawled over one sofa, playing with Jinx while Wilby copied notes for her.

"But she's a pureblood!" Malfoy yelled to no one in particular. "I mean, she is still a blood traitor, but out of all the students at this school"

The other Slytherins had taken to completely ignoring his rants by now, and only his friends chose to listen to him, albeit barely. Goyle yawned obnoxiously.