19. My Cat is Fat and Lazy

Who's your OTP from this story? ;)

* ° * ° *

Drew washed out her wavy brown hair, watching the white bubbles drain away. She couldn't stop thinking about her boggart. Throughout the entire day, she kept stopping and staring at random things, just reminiscing.

Wilby and Cyndee had seemed unnerved by this, but Blaise had kept his promise of not telling him what had happened in that staff room.

Scowling, she switched off the tap with more force than necessary.

She took two towels that were hanging on a rack only to reveal a mess of words scratched into the tiled wall with what had to be Permanent Ink. It was hardly news to find graffiti in the showers, but she read it anyway when a specific insult caught her eye:

MUDBLOODS WHO SHOULDN'T BE IN SLYTHERIN

Under it was a huge list of names, all Slytherins who were Muggle-born (her) or had Muggle-sounding surnames.

The only ones she cared enough to notice were hers, Quentin's, and Xavier's.

To her amusement and gratitude, another girl had scratched at the very bottom, Who cares?

Drew sighed, replacing one of the towels. The list was annoying. Now the poor House-elves would have to clean it up.

She dried herself off and pulled on her clothes.

Stepping out, she wrung her hair out next to Cyndee, who was using a spell to get tangles out.

"Are you okay?" Cyndee asked suddenly.

"Yes," Drew grabbed an unused Always-Bubbly Toothbrush and ran it over her teeth. "I was thinking about my boggart, among other things."

"Oh. What was it? Your boggart?"

"Something that didn't make sense."

Cyndee made a hmm sound, "Less so than mine?"

"Well, no, but still strange." Drew rinsed her mouth, tossing the toothbrush behind her towards the bin.

Cyndee watched it fly away in the mirror. "Erm, you missed. Again."

Drew gave her a dull look, "What did I say about only telling me the times I succeed?"

"Right," Cyndee nodded seriously. "I forgot."

The Bell Towers sounded ten o'clock, and Cyndee packed her things. "We should get back. Drew?"

"Yeah," Drew said, "but I'm going to go outside." Xavier's name had given her an idea, though she was loath to act on it. "I want to talk to Xavier for a second."

"Oh. Alright."

Cyndee placed her hand on the stone in the wall that was slightly whiter than the others, and a door slowly swung open to reveal a short hallway leading back to the common room.

They went through, and Cyndee went towards the girl's dormitory, whispering a faint "goodnight" as she did.

Drew sighed and slipped out the big common room door, leaning against the wall. Xavier and a fifth-year prefect should be coming out to do patrols any second.

Soon enough, they appeared. Drew had never bothered to learn the other prefect's name, and he returned the favour, but Xavier sure knew hers.

"Drew Getaway!" he half-shouted, mustering up his fiercest You Are In Trouble expression. "What-are-you-doing-brat-you're-supposed-to-be-inside!"