bonus - Early Drafts

Last updated @ January 21st, 2022

A/N -

I deleted so many scenes from this book, but there are even more that I never published at all. Here is just a fraction of them!

Yes this is my way of giving you guys content without actually updating LOL

This is an absolute BEAST of a chapter. 12,000+ words, and it will only get longer. Hell, Cyndee's backstory alone is long enough to be its own chapter. But hey, enjoy :)

[bold italics] = A/N or something I didn't finish

✶☆✶

PRE-HOGWARTS

I wrote about Tristan's murder ages ago, but kept it in the drafts once I decided the book would be 100% in Drew's POV. The events of that day also changed a lot, so remember that THIS IS NOT CANON TO THIS BOOK.

Also, here Morfinus has the middle name Ethan which is what Cyndee calls him, so don't be confused by that.

At four in the morning, Morfinus showed up at Cyndee's doorstep with Tristan's body.

She was in her nightgown, having been drawn to her window by his determined acorn-throwing. She was really tired, having gotten home very late due to a fancy dinner with her parents' colleagues.

Cyndee stared at him for a moment in wordless silence. Tristan was propped up in a red wagon on the porch, out of sight.

"Yes, Ethan?" she asked finally. She said it very coldly, supporting the fact that being woken up so early wasn't the only reason she was annoyed.

"I did something bad," he said, purposely being vague. "And...I think you can help me fix it."

She stared at him hard, "Alright, I'm coming down."

Poor, naīve, Cyndee.

He heard the locks clicking before she opened the door. Her eyes landed on Tristan, and his limp arms and blank eyes.

Hands flying to her mouth, she sucked in the breath to scream.

Morfinus lunged and wrapped one arm around her stomach, and pressed his other hand over her lips as tightly as he could, covering her nose as well. He laughed cruelly, "What did you expect to see, darling cousin?"

She kicked at him, but he knocked her down and pulled out a wand he'd stolen from his dad.

"Scream and I'll hex you into oblivion."

He removed his hand. He'd really underestimated her bravery and intelligence, because she screamed for help right away. Morfinus barely had time to shut up her again before the scream ended.

They waited in silence. Everyone must've been sound asleep, and the short burst of sound could've been mistaken for the screech of a Muggle car peeling away.

The scream had been loud, but nobody came. No lights turned on. No running footsteps from the house.

"Fine," he said, "I barely know any spells. But I still have this." He pulled out a Muggle claw hammer, "If you scream, not only will you get hit, you'll be drawing more people in to get brained same as you. So give it a rest, alright?"

Cyndee was still defiant.

So Morfinus leaned down and whispered in her ear, "Tristan's alive."

He paused, and let the horror sink in, "So shut your mouth."