The First Day As A Wife

Thranduil had bathed and dressed when Galion entered his chamber.

"My king, shall we inform Hurwen of the changes? This would prevent further instances that could embarrass your wife," he explained. "She blushed deeply when I entered her room," he added grinning.

Thranduil turned to Galion, his expression serious. "What do you suggest?"

"My king, I would counsel the announcement of your betrothal and the preparations for the ceremony at once. This gives us the right to accommodate your lady in the Queen's chambers promptly, thus avoiding any unnecessary rumors among your people," suggested Galion. "You may use the secret passage door to visit her any time you wish. After a year has passed, you will officially wed. Then you will not have to hide your affection for her anymore. I also suggest that we inform Hurwen about last night's consummation of yours. She is the maid of your lady and it will be impossible for your relationship to remain hidden from her anyway."

Thranduil nodded thoughtfully. "You have my permission to go ahead with the announcement. Please begin with the preparations for our betrothal ceremony as soon as possible."

Galion bowed low and turned round to leave the king's chamber when Thranduil spoke again.

"Galion, I suggest that you do not look at my wife when she is not appropriately dressed. She is very timid and can easily be embarrassed. Although I do relish the sight of her blushing face, I object to it being caused by your glance," concluded Thranduil.

Galion nodded and Thranduil looked at him reproachfully. "Besides, your interruption robbed me of my well-deserved pleasure."

Galion grinned cheekily, which earned him a stern look from Thranduil. "Yes, my king," he promised before he left the king's chamber.

After an extensive bath, Ari was now ready to meet the king. Hurwen led her to the king's chambers. She marveled at the two enormous oak doors that stood before her for a moment before she hesitantly knocked.

"Come in," came his voice from inside the chamber.

Ari watched in amazement as the doors opened by themselves. Cautiously she entered the chamber and was immediately fascinated by its beauty. She stood still as her gaze wandered across the spacious room, until her eyes finally met Thranduil. He looked stunning. The king was wearing a black-silver tunic that reached down to his mid thigh, black leggings and black knee high boots.

Ari blinked at him and said shyly, "In my village, people wear black clothes when someone dies and they are in mourning."

Thranduil raised his eyebrows and smiled. "But you are no longer in your village. You are now in my kingdom and I wear whatever I think looks good on me."

With these words, he eyed Ari from head to toe. "And you will be wearing whatever I think looks good on you."

Ari suddenly felt uneasy.

"I will not change your formal dresses. In fact, I quite like them. But when we are alone, here in my chambers at night," he added, "then you'll be wearing whatever you may be provided by me."

Ari blushed. "Am I going to spend the nights with you?"

Her innocent but sincere question aroused Thranduil. He walked over to her. "How else could it be? Did you not enjoy the intimacy between us last night?"

Ari's cheeks turned crimson and she found herself at a loss of words.

Thranduil leaned down to her and made sure that his lips brushed her reddened cheek as he spoke.