Chapter 1: The New Kid

Background info: Erika and Jake are both juniors in high school at Westlake in Ohio. Logan is attending The Ohio State University for engineering this year.

October 8

"Hey Erika, have you seen the new student today?" Lo asked.
"No,"
"Oh, well he was in my first period."
"What's she like?" Erika asked.
"Well, first off it's a guy, and he seems really quiet. The only thing he said was 'here' when Mr. Brett took attendance."
What's he look like, does he have good style?"
"He's got like brownish blonde hair, and he had black Nike slides, with blue Adidas shorts and a pink tie-dye shirt I think. It didn't look like he tried very hard with it."
"Ok, well see you after second period-- wait! Is that him?"
"Oh yeah," Lo said. "Oh and I think his name was Jake. And it looks like you're gonna have second period with him, have fun, Erika." Lo turned down another hallway.

Erika's POV:
As I saw Jake walk into the same class that I have, I didn't think much of it. Until I took a good look at him while he was frantically trying to find a seat that wasn't claimed by anyone yet. He was cute, but not enough that'd I'd be interested in him or do anything about it.

~~~

Again, just like Lo said, Jake only said "here" when the teacher took attendance. After that, not another peep from him. As soon as the bell rang he rushed out of the classroom, but I can't blame him, it's his first day and he has no idea where anything is.

~~~~

Lunchtime

At lunch me, Lo, Chance, Anthony, Kade and Tessa all sat together, just like every day before. I guess we are all pretty popular but I don't like to act like it. Chance kept going on about some science project he and Kade have to do together, but I kind of tuned out of the conversation. I couldn't stop staring across at the other table; seeing Jake sit all alone. He was at the edge of the table, quietly and slowly eating a sandwich and fruit cup. Once Anthony stopped talking I jumped in, "Hey, guys maybe we should talk to the new kid, he seems all alone."
"Eh, I don't need another acquaintance I'm gonna have to talk to," Chance said.
"Same," both Lo and Kade said.
"Tessa, wanna come with me to talk to him?" I asked her.
"I would Rik but just let someone else talk to him, we don't need to do that. Let a mathlete or band geek talk to him. We're to high up in this school hierarchy to talk to a new kid."
"Ok T, no need for the speech," I laughed. "I'll just go talk to him really quick." I laughed back at her and walked over to Jake: time to set a good first impression.
.
.
.
.
{ Hi!! I hope you guys all liked the first chapter of this new Jerika fanfic! I promise it'll get better and way more interesting, this first chapter just had to set the scene :) }