27: The Best-Worst Prank

April 28 

3 days until prom 

Erika's POV: 

I still can't believe how sweet Jake was when he surprised me on our anniversary and asked me to prom. I'm so excited, my first prom! Not only that, but I get to enjoy prom with my soulmate.

Me and Tessa and Lo and everyone else are still really good friends, and Jake is friends with Chance, Anthony and Kade. I think we're all going to go to prom together, but me and Jake will still be a little off by ourselves and not with them as much. Plus, I think everyone has a date also. So we'll be together but separate. If that makes sense. 

Let's see, so Tessa is going with Chance, Anthony is going with Rocky, Kade is going with a girl who I think he met in Physics class, Mackenzie.  And Lo is going with, weird enough, Kade's younger brother Nathan. I can't really see them as a couple, so I don't know what'll happen.  

All us girls went shopping for dresses today. We all found the perfect one. And I was surprised that it only took me an hour to find it, it usually takes about a week of going around to different places. The dress is beautiful. It's, two pieces, black and long, and at the bottom it's teal, getting darker as it goes up. 

After we all got done shopping we went to lunch at Veggie Grill. We were winding down from our meals and Jake called me. 

*Phone call* 

Jake: "Erika... You needa help me... Please," 

Jake sounded like he was in pain and his voice was quiet.

Erika: "What! Jake what's going on? What happened are you okay?" 

Tessa, Lo, Mackenzie, and Rocky all looked at me, confused with why I was saying that.

Jake: "I was using the saw... My hand... My arm... I called the ambulance already...please come home." 

I put my hand over my mouth.

Erika: "Ok, yes, I'm on my way I'm leaving now. Put pressure on it and don't look at it," 

Jake: "I'll try..."

Erika: "Ok, I'll be right there, love you Jake just wait for me." 

Jake: "agh!! Owww!" 

He hung up. 

*End phone call*

"Guys I'm sorry I got to go, Jake cut himself with the saw," I said getting my purse, phone and jacket together. 

"Oh my gosh! Is he okay?" Rocky said. 

"How did that happen!" Tessa said. 

"I don't know, I gotta go,"