17: Weekend Tradition

December 1 

Erika's POV: 

The rest of the semester went amazingly. Me and Jake got even closer as a couple and we were having the time of our lives. On the days we had off for Thanksgiving Jake did something super romantic again. He took me to a super fancy and expensive restaurant, and he got me roses and ordered a bottle of sparkling apple juice to be delivered to the table. It was so nice of him and I was completely shocked. 

Now it's December, and on the 7th is the Winter Formal dance. It's pretty obvious that we're gonna go together, but I'm still waiting for him to ask me to go with him. I just got a dress today- me, Lo, and Tessa went shopping. And if you're wondering, the three of us are still really good friends. My dress is so pretty! It's black and flowy, and it goes ombre from black to white at the bottom.  I can't wait for Friday night! 

  I can't wait for Friday night! 

Jake's POV: 

I'm going to ask Erika to the dance later this week, but I need to think of a really cool way to do it. Maybe I'll come up with something this weekend, but tomorrow (Saturday) I'm driving up to see Logan at OSU. We do this about once every semester- I take my dad's truck and drive up to OSU where we spend the weekend hanging out  together without our parents, just some good brother time. Tonight I would've gone to get a suit for the dance but I don't have any money, and the suit that I have I think is ugly so my mom won't buy me a new one. I've been thinking about getting a job, but I don't know what. It would just be nice for me to have some extra money around. 

December 2

Me and Logan just got to the Panera Bread on campus to get lunch and talk. As I came back with our food Logan set his phone on the table and said, 

"Oh, Jake I heard something like 2 days ago and I feel like I should tell you, but I really don't want to." 

"What is it?" I said, spreading cream cheese on my bagel. 

"Well, so my roommate, Brendan, you've met him right?" 

"Yeah," 

"Ok, so his sister's friend's brother's cousin or something like that, who goes to your school, heard that Erika was dating someone else and cheating on you..."

"What," I said, my mouth full of bagel hanging wide open. 

"Yeah... I mean that's just what I heard, and I figured I needed to tell you. Jake I'm really sorry dude." 

"Wait... Wait so... Erika's cheating on me? Whe-who-why?" My heart actually started beating faster and I started to feel hot. 

"I don't know bro, probably another junior but that information didn't get to me." 

First I was heartbroken, but then I started to get mad. But I kept the anger and sadness inside me, and I continued eating without talking. 

"Jake? Are you okay?"

I held up my head with my hand and pulled out my phone.  Half of me was furious, the other half was heartbroken. I actually loved Erika. We were so good together and I actually thought that we were the real deal. I guess she thought differently. 

"I shouldn't have told you so soon, I should've waited so that it wouldn't ruin the weekend together." 

"You ready to go?" I said.

"We just got here Jake," 

"Ok well I'm gonna head back to your dorm, meet you there." 

As I was walking back to Logan's dorm, I started to get mad at him too. But after all, he was just the messenger, and I'm glad he told me. I guess. 

Everything was going perfectly between me and Erika. When did she start going out with someone else? Who? Why? Am I not good enough? Is that just the type of person she is? Uh oh. What about the winter dance? What if her, I guess, side-man? What if he is there, and what if Erika says she can't go to the dance with me, but goes with him? I'm not taking Erika to the dance after this. Why should I? She clearly doesn't care about how I feel. 

Logan walked in and I was sitting at his desk looking at a picture he had framed. It was of me and him when we were probably 6 and 4. I was sitting on Logan's lap with cake all over my face and a present halfway opened in my hand. Logan was smiling up at the camera and I was looking at Logan with a big smile. I think that was my 4th or 5th birthday.

"Jake, c'mon. Are you really gonna spend this whole weekend moping around?" 

"What else am I supposed to do?"

"Oh, I don't know, maybe hang out and talk and have fun?"

"No, I can't. How am I supposed to have fun this weekend when Erika could be home with her other boyfriend?" 

"...I...I don't know... I'm really sorry Jake," Logan said, sitting down on his bed.

"It's okay. But what should I do?" 

"Well just when you see her next you need to ask her about it." 

"Any way to do it without it being awkward?" 

"Uhh... Probably not with this situation," Logan said. 

The rest of the weekend was a bust. Logan kept trying to get me up and having fun with him, but I did end up spending the whole weekend moping around like he predicted. I got back home on Sunday night, and I was watching TV when Erika texted me. 

*Text Messages* 

Erika: hey! How was your weekend with Logan?

Jake: pretty good, but last year was better

Erika: well hope you had fun, ready for our date tomorrow night? 

Jake: yea, but before we go I need to talk to you.

Erika: ok, is it serious?

Jake: kinda

Erika: can you tell me now?

Jake: I shouldn't text you something like this, meet at my house at 6:30 before the date

Erika: ok, sure I guess

Jake:byee

Erika: byeee ❤

*End text messages* 

I probably wouldn't ever go on a date with Erika again. 

Logan just called me. He said he found out who Erika was cheating on me with. One of her other friends, Anthony Trujillo. I didn't know him, but now I hated him. 

{I am SO SORRY that it has been so long since I last updated the story! That wasn't my intention, but I got so busy with school and exams that I had no time to write a good quality chapter. Hopefully during winter break I can post a new chapter every day! (bro) haha. Anyways.... 7,000 reads! I am mindblown. It is so amazing how you guys always come back and support me writing this. I appreciate everything so much! You guys are the best! Thank you! ❤}