12: Prankey Jakey

Erika's POV:

At the banquet I got up to go to the restroom. But I really was going to talk to Logan, to ask him about Jake. I was walking up to him, but he came up to me and started talking first.

"Oh, hey Erika!"
"Hey Logan!"
We small talked for a bit, then I got around to telling him how I feel about Jake. I told him that I want to go out with him, but that I don't know if Jake feels the same way.  At first I wasn't even going to tell him about that, but he seemed really nice and trustworthy so I went ahead with it.

"Really? You like Jake?"
"Yeah, but how do I know he likes me too?"
"I don't know, I guess just wait to see what he does, and really look at his body language, cus that always says a lot."
"Ok, I guess I can do that. So Jake never said anything about me?"
Logan hesitated.
"No, I've never heard Jake mention anything like that."
"Ok good," I said, "cus then things would be more awkward between us and me and Jake."

I went back to the table and before I sat down Jake pulled my chair out a little for me. Does that count as body language? Or is it just chivalrous? Either way, it was nice.

The night went on, and then I actually did go to the restroom...but when I came back I couldn't find Jake again.

Jake's POV:

Once Erika went to the bathroom Logan suddenly pulled me aside to somewhere quiet to talk.
"Jake!"
"What?" I said, confused.
"Earlier tonight Erika came up to me."
"Really? What'd she say?"
"She told me that she liked you but she didn't want to do anything cus she didn't know how you felt!"
"Seriously! Logan no way, you gotta be joking!"
"No, Jake really, Erika came up to me and asked me about you. She said that she really really likes you."
"Oh my gosh, that's a relief. Now I can finally ask her out. Oh, you didn't tell her how I feel right?"
"No don't worry, I didn't say anything about that."
"Wait. Oh I have a good idea! It's a way I can kinda mess with Erika, and prank her."
"What?"
"I can flirt with her a bunch and stuff and be really close and touch with her and see how she'll react. Then I can ask her out!"
"That's awesome! But, oh! Let it go on for like a day or so, but not too long or else you could risk a lot more."
"Ok, yeah. Bro I'm so excited now!"
"Have fun, Prankey-Jakey!"
I went back to the main room and saw Erika slowly walking around, probably looking for me. I walked up from behind her and grabbed her hand, and put my other hand on her shoulder and whispered "Guess who,". Might be a little too far, but oh well. Erika jumped and turned around,  breathing a sigh of relief when she saw it was me.
"Ah! Jake you scared me so much! Where were you?''
"I was just wandering around. Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you so much."
"Oh that's okay, I just get scared easily."

I kept sneaking a few little flirty lines in during the rest of the event, which was almost over, and I bet Erika was really confused and didn't know what she should say back. She kind of just ignored it, but I probably would too.

We said bye to Logan, and me, Erika, my mom and dad were walking to the car. My mom and dad started talking to someone in the parking lot so we just went to the car. It was dark in the car, with only the back dim light on above us. We talked, and I put my arm around Erika's seat. Then she said, "You look good with the light on your hair and your eyes."
"Thanks, but you always look beautiful," I said. The next thing I know, I sense Erika getting closer to me, and I lean in. Erika puts her hand on the back of Jake's head, and they have a passionate kiss, with the low light dancing over them.

{It's coming!! Haha who liked the title of this chapter, I just thought it was funny and I can never come up with a good chapter name. Like, never. Anyways, hope you're enjoying the story so far!}