13: Shopping Day

October 16 ( 1 week after kiss)

Jake's POV:

After that kiss me and Erika had in the car, I feel like there was just a spark between us. And after that, sometimes the spark would feel really bright, and other times it would be dim because we would just be awkward around each other.
My parents never found out about the kiss once they came to the car, and we haven't told anyone about it. We still weren't dating, but we weren't just friends. That's why the past week it has been do weird between us.

Luckily though, people have been less mean to me at school. It seems that most people are getting over that rumor and more of then are talking to me. Erika's still the only good friend I have though.

Me and Erika are supposed to go see a movie today (Saturday) and then hang out at the mall afterword. We haven't decided on a movie but both of us were thinking about a comedy. I'm just going to wear a grey vintage Mickey mouse shirt and black jeans, I hope that's nice enough of an outfit.

We ended up seeing Boo 2, the Madea Halloween movie, it was hilarious. Erika even cried from laughing so much during some parts. I also did that move where you yawn and stretch your arm out to be around the other person's. She didn't mind, and she cuddled into my shoulder.

Now we're at the mall, in Bath & Body Works. Erika is going crazy, especially over the candles.

"Ahh! There's so many candles I want to buy! But I only have $25, I can't use it all on candles." She said.
"Don't you have enough candles?" I joked.
"Uh, no, you can NEVER have enough candles."
"You almost ready?" I said.
"Yeah," Erika said, putting a candle back on the shelf, "I guess I'll only buy one candle today," then she pretended to cry as she walked to the checkout.

We continued shopping, and we went to H&M, American Eagle, Hollister, and Foot Locker. I bought a black shirt at American Eagle and a hoodie at Hollister. We finishing up at the mall by a quick stop to Aéropostale.  But while Erika was looking around, I told her I was going to the restroom and left. But I actually walked back to Bath & Body Works. I wanted to be nice, so I bought the candle that she had to sacrifice earlier. While I was there, the cashier said something to me.
"You guys are back again?"
"Nope, just me this time. I'm buying my friend Erika the candle she wanted earlier.''
"Oh, that's so sweet of you! You seem like a great boyfriend,"
"Oh, actually, we're just friends." I told her.
"Really? You guys really seemed like you had a spark, you just seemed so couple-y!"
"Well, I mean last week- oh, sorry, you probably don't want to hear all this."
"No! Go ahead! What happened last week?"
"Well, my brother had a banquet at OSU, and me and Erika went to work on a school project in the car together. Long story short, while we were in the car and about to leave, we kissed. But we haven't since then, and we haven't even brought it up."
"Wow! That's some juicy drama!"
"Haha, I know, but I don't know if I should ask her out, and I wouldn't know where to begin."
"Well, just tell her how you feel. If she doesn't feel the same way then at least you know now, instead of this mind game. Take the bull by the horns."
"Wow, that's actually really good advice, thanks!" I said, taking the bag and walking back to Aéropostale.
"Ah, young love!" The cashier yelled as I left.

I hid the Bath & Body Works bag in my H&M bag so Erika wouldn't see it. I'm planning on giving her the candle in the car.

"Hey, did you find anything good?" I asked Erika.
"Eh, just some t-shirts, but nothing I have to have."
"So you ready to go?"
"Yeah."

We got to the car, and as Erika got in the passenger seat I handed her the bag.
"What's this?" She said, picking it up.
"Nothing," I said, "open it."
Erika opened the bag, and pulled the candle out.
"Jake! Why'd you do this?!" She said, giving me a big hug.
"You can never have too many candles!" Was my response.
"This is so sweet! You're so nice! Thank you, Jake. "
"You're welcome," I gave Erika another quick hug then pulled out of the parking lot to take her home.

I am going to ask her out tomorrow. I have to.