The Semi-Finals

Noh sat lotus style on a couch in the waiting room. He waved to the person who came in to count the bands. She noted that all members of Elevation were present and checked her list. Mez walked in at that moment and Ohm made a face. A lot of the other bands ignored him but he didn't seem to care. He just looked cocky and strutted around the room.

"I heard from Flip that a woman is behind his new attitude adjustment." Ohm whispered to everyone.

"Really?  Because I heard he got a contract and this is part of his image change." Dye countered.

"Well I couldn't give to fucks because he's full of shit."

Mez was strutting by and immediately looked at Noh's scowling face. "Are you talking to me?"

"Only if you think I am." It was a very juvenile response but Noh wasn't exactly feeling adult at the moment. He smiled gamely and they could practically see the wheels turning in Mez head as he decided whether or not he wanted to get involved. He made a quick decision and simply shot Noh the finger before strutting away. Flex gave a disappointed sigh and flopped back on the couch. Ex patted his shoulder in sympathy and muttered about how bored he was. They all looked at Ohm who steadily ignored them. Dye was about to complain again but the door opened and Eskimo Kings barged in, hyper with energy.

"P'Noh!" They tumbled over themselves like puppies and landed at the foot of the couch with big smiles and bright eyes. "We can't wait to hear you play tonight!"

"Us too Nongs. I've heard your stuff last night and you guys have great potential. With your energy, you could make it to the top ten as our new breakthrough artists." They beamed and grabbed empty chairs, even sat on each other when they came up short.

"Thanks P but we know the kind of competition we face. Are you doing For That Special Someone tonight? We saw your tweet saying you finally finished it."

"Actually No. But I did finish it. Just not in the way that you think. I'll let you wait for my announcement tonight." They all sighed. 

"I still can't believe you worked on music today. Aren't you nervous? we couldn't do anything all day!"

"Working on songs calms me down. It's funny because I never thought of writing music until I wanted to write a song for My University Moon competition. I actually asked a senior for help and he sent me for my own personal Song Writing 101."

"We'll your really impressive. There's a rumor that you sold a song to that Korean group."

"Well I did thought that was months ago. I did hear talks about an official video." Noh watched their eyes get huge and stifled a laugh. They were a new group and the song would be part of their official launch. He had just been at the right place at the right time when someone heard the song who knew someone who thought it fit the concept the band was going for. The school had helped them negotiate a deal and that was that.

"Can you give us some tips on song writing?"

"Sure. During that session the professor told me 'more than even the words of the song, is the feelings you are trying to convey to your listener. The words are just a vehicle for the emotions. Get the words right and the emotions will reach their destination.' Before I write, I think about what I want to convey then I choose my word vehicles."

"P'Noh and Elevation!?" A young man called them from the doorway.

"It's just Elevation!" They all called at the same time then smiled at each other."

"Ok. Elevation is on in 10. Hurry this way please."

"But that's earlier than they told us." They all collected themselves and stretched.