Addressing Some Allegations

Noh and the gang were 4 days into their musical retreat when Phun noticed it. He was on his lunch break as usual and scrolling through twitter, this time as himself. It caught his attention because he was following a very vocal US fan who followed both accounts. She was a bit of a Sempai Mel in her own right, posting twitter aus that were heavily read. Phun liked her writing even when it wasn't about them. She did her research well and asked questions on her timeline he was very happy to answer about Thai culture.

She had quoted a thread, filled most of the space with enraged and cursing emojis and only said. "Mind your place. Your just a fan!" right after. Clicking on it, Phun found a pile of vitriol, well written, and sugar coated in concern.

"What the hell?" He mumbled and had Fi looking up at him in concern. "Don't worry. It's not a big deal." But he bookmarked the thread, hoping the person wouldn't take it down due to high engagement, and vowed to read it later.

At home, he forced himself to shower and eat before he settled into bed and went back to the post. It was titled, "The ramifications of a relationship like Noh and Secret, my thoughts". 

"I have been pondering on this for a while and have come to the conclusion that Noh and Secret have a toxic relationship. Hear me out because I have been thinking about this for some time.

I'm sure a lot of you following the band Elevation are doing so because of their backstory. I've noticed a serious gay fetish on twitter where as fans we tend to declare our idols gay simply because they don't always conform to the typical gender stereotypes.

Now here comes a band who buys into it even more because their lead singer is out and presents a boyfriend... who we have no idea what he looks like. Sure we have met Secret, god even the name bothers me, but have we actually met Noh's boyfriend? Does Noh actually have a boyfriend?

If Noh and Secret are real, why did they choose this path? Sure, he gave us an excuse, but now that they are 'reunited' why does he still hide? Maybe because he represents a lie? Here is my breakdown of the toxicity of  it all."

They go on to say that this is just another way of downplaying the reality of homophobia and how culturally Thailand only accepts gay love in dramas and not in reality, etc, and that is true to a certain extent. There are still many people in this country who hate the community and are fighting against any changes that would see Lgbtq+ thrive. But they were mostly part of the older generation. Persons their age and younger were moving towards a more comfortable and progressive reality where everyone was equal regardless of who they loved.

Scrolling down, he saw may persons agreeing with the thread, but there were also persons calling out the writer and persons siding with them. How could they claim to be a fan of the band and try to encourage distrust, especially now that they had announced they would be taking a break from social media for a couple of weeks.

Sitting back, Phun wondered if he should address this. Using the other phone, he called Fi.

"What's up?"

"I want some advice. This just happened and I feel the need to address it. Should I?"

"You said it's gotten much bigger from when you saw it at lunch? Was that what you got upset about?"

"Yeah. Thought I was more surprised at the time. I just, I don't want to give that person any clout and make them feel like they are bothering me. It's just one."

"Is it? I've come across a few like that and took screen shots. This person is just one of many that will come in the future as you guys get more famous."

"You took_? Oh! Can you send them to me?"

"Yeah sure. Just be careful what you say."

Seven screenshots came into Phun's Whatsapp and he read through them before shaking his head. Only one of them felt like legitimate concern. Making a decision, Phun opened Secret's twitter and began drafting a thread, choosing his words carefully and letting Fi read it before sharing it a couple of days later.