Self Discoveries

It was just after lunch on Tuesday. Dove had arrived the day before and they had worked out a schedule between dancing and music. 

Now was music time while their stomachs settled after eating. Dye had been analyzing the group and felt they could reach even further. They seemed to really lean heavily on the heavenly theme. Dye felt it would restrain them so he made a suggestion.

"You know BlackPink and Red Velvet right?" He asked the boys. They were popular groups but you never know.

"I'm already seeing where your going with this and it's not a bad idea. No other group here in Thailand have ventured into that territory yet and I don't know a boy group that has tried it. Of course I also don't know that many boy groups." Flex jumped in before any of the group could answer Dye.

"Yeah he's more into girl groups." Ex smirked at Flex who rolled his eyes and waved him off. So what if his ult group was Twice? Not that it said much. He was also a hard core Reveluv and occasionally a Blink because damn YG is a mean dog and let's not get him started on 2ne1. Oh the pains of a Blackjack!

"Flex! Are you back with us? The children are waiting for you and Dye to explain yourselves." Noh shook his head in dismay.

"Oh. Right. Was I making faces again?" Flex was suddenly worried. He didn't want to come across as crazy.

"Yes. Please." Noh waved it off. They were used to it.

"Right. Red Velvet have red concepts like Red Flavor and Power Up. They are bright and pop and upbeat. Then they have velvet sounds which are more sultry and R&B like Bad Boy and Body Talk. Dye is suggesting you not pigeon hole yourself with angelic concepts only. Think good vs evil, angel vs demon. You don't have to be bad but more hard hitting concepts verses light and sweet. You can get away with both I think."

"Archangel is a good example of a combination of both but you also have this guy who is shaping up to be light and sweet. What are you calling this?"

"Actually we have no idea. It's turned into a boyfriend song. Like that cute crush who makes a good first love." Perry looked at the song and sighed. It was a cute song and it could go in as the back up option.

"You know if you change this line to "catching each other's eyes and blushing", and this line to "lets hold pinky fingers and swing with the fluttering breeze," we can call it 'First Love'." Evan sort of surprised everyone because he wasn't really that into the writing of the music. Perry even looked at him all confused but when he thought about it, it made sense.

"How long were you thinking about that?" He asked lightly. Evan shrugged.

"A while actually. I know I should have said something sooner but I didn't want too, in case I was wrong."

"Next time say something and we'll see how it sounds. If it sounds bad we can always change it back." Perry looked at him with a smile and Evan nodded. He rolled around on the floor. 

"We could also change the dance a bit too. You know, like a skip step and pair up. I'll think about something," Dove said from his corner. He was tiny and fair and all Noh saw was floppy blond hair but he danced like a beast and kind of made the band feel intimidated. Last night he and Flex had been doing girl group dances but it was so obvious that he was being kind to the drummer. Besides, while Flex did it for fun and had some skill, he confessed that dancing wasn't a passion but something to make him happy. Noh hadn't even bothered to try and Dove had taken one look at him walking and deemed him useless anyway. 

"How did you know I couldn't dance just by watching me walk?" Noh suddenly remembered to ask.

"Dancers, the hard core ones, have a certain grace and flair that is innate. Persons with good rhythm have a 'sway' I guess you could call it. You have none of that. You stomp. It's more of a march."