Fian Charoenpakdee

I separate from Oil at the taxi stand. He brought his own car and offered me a ride but I cannot face him right now. I need space to think about some things.

Sanai wants Oil for herself. That is the thing that hurts me the most right now. I want to howl and be mad at Oil but that's not fair. Even if he did come between us, it was for her to make it clear and tell him she already has a fann. She didn't. Instead she left me for something that wasn't sure. How dumb is that and how stupid am I? I was completely loyal to her and I had options too. 

Then there is Oil. Does he really intend to pursue me? What's up with that? And why me? Has he really had his eye on me for that long? Then wouldn't he know about Sanai? Maybe he knew I was dating but not who I was with? Maybe he only cares about you.

I shake that thought away. It sounded suspiciously like Oil's voice and I don't even know why I'm thinking about him anyway. I don't need this right now. I sigh and blink as I realize something. Oil left money for the food and I was so tangled up that I didn't remember I was supposed to be paying. 

That damn brat! I still owed him a dinner!

But then I suddenly laugh because he just... he slipped through my defences that one time on the table and I can't seem to quite get rid of him in my head now. But I have to. I have no interest in guys...

"Why did you suddenly like Noh? I don't get it."

"Neither do I really. I have always been aware of Noh as a friend and as someone who amuses and pleases me to be around. With him it is never dull. I thought, "How convenient. Here is someone I like who can help me." I wasn't thinking beyond that Fi. But then that like turned to like and before I knew it, I wanted him always close to me. He is like soul nourishment. I could be unhappy and then I see him and suddenly the bad things go away and there is only Noh. The day someone makes you feel like that, don't let them go. It doesn't matter who they are."

"Sanai makes me feel like that."

"Does she really?"

At the time I thought Phun wasn't seeing me that clearly. Maybe he was seeing more than I was. He never liked Sanai and I always wondered why. Did she ever make a play on him? Phun is rich. He is her ideal.

I ponder this as I get out and pay the driver. He waves my money away to my shock and smiled. "The other boy gave me money already."

"Oh. Well thanks then." I tuck that into the back of my mind to peel apart later and stare at my house. I have never hated my home. I have a loving mother and father, an older brother in college and two younger sisters. I have my own room now since Kai left and my sisters share.

Both my parents work but they try to always be there for our important events. We are a good Buddhist family, if a bit conservative. We accept everyone so Phun liking Noh doesn't bother me. 

Oil liking me doesn't bother me.  Or it shouldn't... but it does. I walk in and go directly to my room. I call Phun.

"Hey. Was up?"

"Not busy? Have time to talk for a bit?"

"Sure. Noh, I'm going out to the garden. I need to talk to Fi for a while."

I can hear Noh in the background saying he was going to shower. Then I hear Phun's door close and He's talking again.

"So what's up?"

"Can I ask you something outside of what I really called about?"

"Fi. Just ask me all the questions you want to ask me. Tell me what's on your mind."