Tearing It Up

She often caught P'Tear's show on her way home on the train and today was no exception. When the five men walked out, she stared. She had hoped he would look broken or at least have lost his boyish good looks. Instead he was simply on crutches and with the long hair, he was more gorgeous than ever. 

She listened to everything he said and wondered what was the truth and what were the lies. He couldn't have broken it off with Phun. Her sources told her so. That meant this Secret person was purely fictional in order to protect Phun. 

Why did Phun need protection? Was his family still not aware of his involvement with Noh? Surely not after all this time. There must be some reason for all this cover up. 

Was it money? Were they getting paid more to keep things quiet? Would Noh lose his contract if the identity of Secret was exposed? There were too many things to consider. She bit her lips softly as she thought about the situation then a question got her attention. She focussed again on the show then watched it all the way through. 

By the time she arrived home, her nails had made crescent cuts into her palm and her eyes were burning with hot tears. 

How dear they be so happy!

"Now that the inquisition is over, let's move on to the musical portion of the night. Now we all know the music is usually last, but we're not sure Noh might make it that far. His eyes are looking a little glazed over right now."

"Don't worry. That's a regular thing for him." Ohm waved the worry away.

"Ex would you please smack that idiot in front of you." Ex got Ohm in a headlock instead and that's how they made it over to the stage with the audience laughing. 

Noh was also aware of something. He had been monitoring the time since taking the pain pill before the show. It usually kicked in within the hour if he was lying down. The Q&A session should have been half an hour to 45 minutes. They had gone over that by another half hour. They had carefully chosen songs so the set wouldn't go over 35 minutes. How much time would that leave for the games when they still had Film as a surprise? Were they no longer on a time limit?

Noh sat on the stool and felt his leg protest at having to hang down. He hid the wince by having his head down as he settled himself then looked up with a smile. He knew Phun would notice. He never missed a trick but the show had to go on.

Backstage Phun looked at Mick. "I wish there was space for a second stool so he could prop up his leg."

"It's hurting again? Did he take the pills?" Mick had wisely give Phun the chore of taking care of Noh and getting him to co-operate and take his medication. 

"Yes he did but he says when he lets the leg hang down, there's this trembling pain he gets like the nerves in his leg are protesting. He'll be ok but he might have pushed back the healing a bit with this."

MIck nodded. He had already discussed the possibility with Mr. Sou and what they may have to do. It wasn't a great idea to cut Noh out of live appearances but if it came to that they would video him in. He was way too important to jeopardise. 

"So just for tonight, I wanted to play a mixture of old and new songs." Noh's voice interrupted their conversation.

"We went back into the archives and pulled out some of our favorites and shaped them up. This first one is called Cherry." Carefully and with precision, Elevation wove a tale about love in haste and loss of innocence before finding out what's really important. In this case, for Elevation, it was the fans who would hear their first of many anthems, Rising.