Three (Clark)

My name is Clark Mendoza, and I was so close to strangling one of my best friends, Damien.

That bastard knew that I can't draw, and yet he had been nagging me the whole day to help in making the leaflets and posters for the recruitment week. I've been doing my best, I can't make a decent piece at all.

If I can draw I would have enrolled in Fine Arts, not Political Science.

That's not all. Lately, Damien kept on refusing to shoot for our YouTube channel. We do video blogs dedicated to food. We try exotic food, review restaurants, and document our activities at TFE, but the most popular videos on our channel are Damien's cooking videos. It got us millions of subscribers and views, thanks to Damien's enticing recipes and over-the-top good looks.

It's been weeks since the last instalment of Damien's cooking videos, and fans were clamoring for an update. But, Damien is refusing to cooperate at all.

Why does he have to be so stubborn? He's really frustrating.

At that moment, there are only five of us working at the org room; me, Damien, Irene - TFE' secretary -, Jacob - TFE's PRO -, and Elisse, who obviously liked Damien.

Everyone knows that Elisse likes Damien, she wasn't shy to show that. Elisse was still yet to confess her feelings, and Damien was too nice to reject her even before she does. The problem was, I think Elisse was starting to think that Damien liked her back.

Damien doesn't. And I'm pretty sure he would never like her the way she wants him to. Elisse is a nice girl and all, but her persistence is starting to annoy me. Damien had been giving her signs that he isn't interested, but I don't think she gets it.

Just a week ago, Elisse finally set foot on our unit. One of her friends know someone in Registrar's Office, and Damien asked for the list of all freshmen enrollees from Faculty of Engineering. To show his gratitude he invited Elisse and her roommates over for breakfast.

James and I knew what it was all about, but it was probably for the best that he kept the real reason a secret from Elisse.

Damien decided on breakfast so he didn't have to really prepare for it, as he said. Either lunch or dinner would just be too much work for him. He also invited Elisse's roommates so there would be very little chance of him being alone with her.

No matter what she does, Damien would not pay attention to her, because he is too preoccupied with someone else.

Damien should have just rejected her outright. I really can't stand overly persistent people. It was really frustrating me, I was near my limit. I was so close to telling her myself that Damien would never like her, and I was also very tempted to strangle Damien for putting me into this misery.

Needless to say, I have many reasons why I would want to strangle Damien. He's just so damn frustrating these past few days.

I can't do that though. Trust me, I want to lash out at him, but I had to be the bigger man, he's just going through a really tough time.

Two years ago, before starting college, Damien lost his closest cousin. He said that he felt miserable, but there was someone beside him who kept up a strong front. Because Peter asked, that someone, didn't shed a tear while he was near Peter. That someone held those tears until Peter was buried.

Teo gave Damien strength.

A year later, Teo came back for Peter's death anniversary. Damien spent months making sure he doesn't shed a tear or even frown.

We could tell, by the way Damien talked about him, how much Teo meant to him.

That's why when that accident happened, Damien was devastated.