Twenty (Teo)

"Do you think he would come?" Axel asked me for the nth time. It was starting to get annoying, but it was his birthday, and I can't really get mad at him on that day.

We were preparing for dinner and invited the trio next door to join us. Since Axel already planned a big party night on Saturday, that night was just a small and intimate dinner with just the five of us.

"Honestly, I don't know. Clark seemed pretty pissed off at you." I told you.

Axel sighed. "I don't get why he is so pissed off. So I was wrong about my hunch about Marissa and Nelson, is that really something to be pissed off about? What do you think was the real reason why he hates Nelson?"

"I have no idea. Maybe if you find out the real score between those three, you might understand why Clark seemed so pissed off. Kill two birds with one stone." I explained. "Well, he might also be pissed off because you meddled without knowing the whole situation."

"I told you, it's not meddling, it's helping..." He insisted.

"Yeah, sure..." I replied sarcastically. "But, you seem to be getting really attached to Clark... "

"What are you trying to say?" Axel said as he looked at me, leaning one of his hand on the backrest of the dining chair.

I smiled at him. "Clark might be the feistiest cat you've ever encounter."

"No way..." Axel shook his head, knowing what I meant. "You think so...? Am I...?" He asked me.

"Why are you asking me? You should know that yourself. Besides, between the two of us, you're the one who knows more about relationships. So, why are you asking me?" I told me.

"Experience doesn't really mean anything in romance or relationship, men tend to make the same mistake over and over again, we just don't learn. We still are clueless, even though we experience it many times before." Axel said and then sighed.

I don't really know what that meant, but Axel looked really unsure at that moment.

Axel waited in anticipation, and when the doorbell finally rang, he sprang up from the sofa instantly.

James, Damien, and fortunately, Clark entered our unit. James and Damien had a smile on their faces, but Clark looked troubled. I couldn't quite paint his face at that time.

While James and Damien greeted Axel cheerfully, Clark's greeting was swift and almost non-existent.

"Consider this my gift." Damien said as he placed the beautiful game console designed cake on the table.

"Wow... you made this?" Axel looked really impressed. "Thanks! It's a great thing that you and Teo made up." He said teasingly. "This cake is the only thing in this table that is not from takeout, so it deserves to be in the center." He said as he arranged the table.

We sang the birthday song for Axel and made blow the candle, which he still doesn't like, then we ate dinner.

"I thought you weren't coming." Axel told Clark during dinner.

Clark looked fazed and avoided looking at Axel. "I almost didn't..." He replied.

"What made you change your mind then?" Axel asked.

"Nothing really..." Clark replied in a dismissive tone.

"I said some magic words..." Damien answered for Clark. "Oww..." Damien complained. Apparently, Clark kicked him under the table.

"Hey, stop talking about it!" Clark complained. His reaction only made me more curious as to what Damien said to change his mind.

"Anyway, I'm glad that you came." Axel told Clark. That idiot was smiling, maybe I was right after all.