Twelve (Teo)

Acting like nothing was wrong was difficult. I told everyone that I was just feeling a bit down after fainting, but the truth was, I was still bothered by what The World revealed to me. I acted all brave, but I was scared as hell. I don't know what to even think or do.

I should've been dead. I sighed as try hard to find some sleep that night. Is it alright for me to have fun with my friends like this, to be happy, to be with Damien, after knowing that my mere existence can bring disaster to the world?

"You idiot, that's the whole reason why Fate is helping you." A familiar voice said as warm blue light enveloped my room. "You should be happy, you should be with your love, if not, and then it defeats the purpose of this whole thing." The young agent of Fate said as he floated just above me. He was lying on the air, his chin resting on his hands, as he faced me.

"Is it true, that I should've been dead?" I asked. "That I died...?"

"It's more complicated than that. Fate did not bring you back from the dead or anything though, time was turned back and everything started all over again. Then, Fate made sure that things wouldn't turn out the same, that you wouldn't die this time around."

"I see..." I don't get it... it's confusing...

"You're alive now. Why worry about that?" He said as he descended slowly closer to me.

"You're too close..." I complained. That playful boy suddenly bounced away in the air and then sat on the side of my bed. "What about me spreading anomalies...?" I asked as I sat up.

"Gaia is in charge of keeping the balance of the world, let her worry about it, don't think about it."

"...but, what if I really cause disaster...?'

"Why are you so full of doubts, Fate is already on your side? I said don't worry about it, so just focus on getting your love."

"How can I not worry about it? The World just tried to trap me in that weird place forever."

"Gaia is being plain lazy. There are a lot more ways to regain balance, but the easiest way is to take you out." Take me out? So The World is really trying to kill me. "Fate would protect you, stop worrying! Really, Gaia can find another way to keep the balance of the world, so stop worrying about causing disaster or whatnot."

"Is it really alright?"

"You'll be very busy, from now on. Because I'll be spreading my anomaly all over." The boy mocked as he floated in the air and stood up in front of me. "What happened to that attitude? We all laughed and clapped when you said that, you know."

"I must've gone crazy that time... I acted brave and all, but I'm really scared..."

"Then go crazy all the time. There's no need to be scared, I'm here to help you."

"I should've been dead, no, I've died, but Fate revived me, that's why my destiny became messed up..."

"That's the gist of it... sort of..."

"Why, though? Why did Fate decide to help me? Why are you giving all these miracles?"

The boy chuckled. "Get your love, then everything would be clear." That was the last words he said before he disappeared.

Ignoring what The World revealed like Fate said was easier said than done, but it was my only choice if I wanted to stay sane.

When Sunday came, Axel and I made plans to go to the mall to watch a movie.