Forty (Ethan)

I was surprised when Teo's Mom, Zoey Lopez, called me early Saturday morning. I didn't expect her to move that fast. I mean, it was only the night before when I told Teo the problem.

"I heard you ran into some trouble." She told me.

"Yes. I'm sorry, I don't know who else to ask for help." I told her honestly.

"After your series ends shooting, come back, I have some agent that can introduce you to some casting directors." She told me.

"I also think it's for the best if I come back there, that way I won't cause any trouble for James anymore." I told her.

"As for your leading lady, I talked to some friends, she'll be receiving some offers for some movies and advertisements soon; we'll make her name big enough that making her career fail would be next to impossible." Zoey said.

"Thank you. Really..."

"Ethan, I can only help you this much. You started this mess, you should be the one to finally fix it." She was right, as always. "So, how are you planning to do it?"

"I made a big mess, and I plan on cleaning it up in a big way." I told her.

"I'll be looking forward to it, then." Zoey said.

I realized something, after everything that happened to James; no matter how many times we stall or stop his wedding, he would never be truly free as long as he is with that family. I was the one who stopped him from running away from that controlling family because I thought that he would regret losing them, but I was wrong. James has more family loving and supporting him aside from them. He has Damien and his parents, he has his friends, and sure, he also has me. He has many more people that love and supports him.

He won't lose anything at all, instead, he would gain the freedom to be with anyone he loves.

I tried my best to prepare breakfast, but cooking had never been one of my talents. I haven't woken James up yet, but it seems that the burnt smell already did.

James didn't have anything to wear last night, so I lent him some of my clothes, and I hate how good it looked on him. Hell, he was filling the clothes in all the right places.

And somehow, seeing him wear my clothes sent a weird sensation of satisfaction to me.

"Are you cooking?" He asked me as he walked towards the dining table.

"I tried." I admitted. I only cooked some eggs and hotdogs, but I still managed to burn some of them. At least the toast was totally fine. "I think we should order some food instead."

"Why? This seems fine." He said with a smile. He was smiling again. I felt relieved, at least he was back to his usual self. James took all the burnt stuff and left the perfectly cooked ones for me. "Let's eat."

We decided to eat at the café located near the lobby of the condo. "I don't have a schedule today, should I drive you back to your place? Or... do you want to stay here for another day?"

"I think, it's better if I stay here for another day. Once my Mom finds out I'm back at the condo, she'll send someone to get me." James replied.

"Alright." I told him. "We should go to the mall, you need a new phone, right?"

"I don't have enough cash. I can't use my cards or withdraw from ATM's Granddad have connections with banks, they'll notify him right away."

"Don't worry about the money." I told him. "We're also going to buy you some proper clothes. My shirts don't fit you well, it's too small for your arms." James chuckled. "What's funny?"