Twenty One (Clark)

So, Teo just unknowingly confessed his feelings to Damien, and he just ran out after seeing us. Damien did run after him, so I'm pretty sure when they get, they would be both smiling from ear to ear.

Finally, I wouldn't have to deal with Damien's constant mood swings.

Axel was smiling as he watched the whole thing unfold. It's no use, I was falling for him after all. When Damien told me that Axel dated men before, I wonder if he already knew about my growing feelings.

Embarrassingly, I stopped avoiding and running away from Axel because of what Damien said. I was thinking; if he dated men before, then he wouldn't be grossed out if he finds out that I was starting to like him.

Still, he's obliviousness is really irritating. He jumped to conclusion too easily. What made him even think that Marissa was my ex-girlfriend? I really don't understand how that brain of his works.

"You guys want anything to drink?" Axel said as he walked towards us.

"I'll have a beer." James said.

"Clark, anything you want?" Oh god, why did he have to smile like that at me? What was he trying to do to me...?

"Beer..." I replied weakly.

"Don't get too obvious..." James said with a teasing smile.

"Shut up..." I complained.

"You're really falling for him, aren't you?" James continued teasing me as we find a seat.

"Can we not talk about that here? What if someone hears you? I don't want Axel to know anything until I'm a hundred percent sure."

"What's holding you back?" James asked as we took a seat. "Don't tell me it's still..."

"No! Definitely not." I knew he was going to say Nelson. "Look at him." I told James as I turned my eye to Axel - who was walking towards us with two beers in hands. People would say hi to him as he walked past them, girls would give him a wide smile and guys would give him an approving nod. "He's..." I sighed. "He's on a totally different level..."

"You're selling yourself short again." James said.

"Here you go, two beers." Axel placed two pints of beers down the table and then sat down with us.

"You don't have to sit here. Go to your guests..." I told him. His presence was making me really nervous.

"I like it here though." Axel said. "I want to hang out with you." He added with a smile.

"Why are you trying to drive away the birthday boy?" James teased. "Let him do what he wants."

"His birthday was days ago." I said sarcastically.

"Exactly, and I haven't got my gift from you yet." Axel complained.

"You're asking for a gift? Teo said you didn't care for gifts." I reasoned out. I did buy him a gift, but I was too embarrassed to give it to him last time.

"If it's from my close friends, then I do."

"Close friend...?"

"Yeah. Why you don't think we're close friends yet...?" Quite frankly, I was happy that he thinks that we're close friends, but I was afraid too. Because I didn't want to expect anything more from him. "I'm disappointed..." He sighed.

"Fine. We're close friends. Happy?" I said as sarcastic as I could.

"Very!" He replied. "But, I would be happier if you give me a present." He said as he outstretched both of his arms towards me.