Forty Nine (Teo)

"How did you..." I was lost for words when I saw Peter on the living room.

"Teo..." Peter's voice was shaky, his eyes were watering. I was still perplexed on how he knew where our house in Tagaytay was, but his expression also manages to confuse me.

I walked down the stairs, and Peter rushed to me and embraced me tightly.

"I missed you, I really missed you..." Peter uttered, his voice sounded really sad.

"How did you know I was here? How did you know this place?" I asked him.

"What is going on?" Damien asked as he walked down the stairs. "What is he doing here?! Can you let go of Teo...!?" Damien complained angrily as he approached us.

To our surprise, Peter moved away from me and then, in turn, embraced Damien.

"What the hell is happening here...?" Kuya Martin was confused, and rightfully so.

"What are you doing?!" Damien pushed away Peter angrily. "Are you drunk? Are you high? How did you even get here?!"

"Damien, it's me, don't you recognize me?"

"I know who you are." Damien said sarcastically as he pulled me to his side.

"No..." Peter sounded sad and exhausted. "I mean, it's me, your cousin... Peter"

"Don't you dare drag my cousin Peter in your messed up ploy to get closer to Teo!" Damien hissed angrily as he grabbed Peter's collar.

"Damien, don't..." I pulled him back. "Please, just calm down."

"Did you tell him?" Peter asked Damien without flinching. "Did you tell Teo what I told you at the hospital? Does he know?"

Somehow, Damien was taken aback by Peter's words.

"We made a promise remember?" Peter continued.

"What are you...?" Damien sounded confused as he pushed Peter away.

"Ever since I woke up from my accident, I kept on having this dream. At first, it was blurry, but when I met Teo it became more vivid like I was seeing more than a dream, but a forgotten memory." Peter looked at me. "You were prominent in my dreams, Teo..."

"Stop." Damien sounded impatient. "I don't know what kind of game you're trying to play, but enough is enough... How did you get here?!"

"I kept on dreaming about this place when I described it to Ela, she helped me find this place." Peter answered.

Of course, it was her. Ela, no, Gaia is behind all of this, I knew it.

"Go. Just leave." Damien told him.

"Just last night I collapsed, and as I was unconscious, I dreamt of myself being in a hospital bed. I thought I was remembering what happened to me after my accident, but the people surrounding me were unfamiliar... until I saw you..." Peter turned to Damien. "In my dream, we seemed really close, and then I started talking to you about Teo and..." Peter's face contorted, he looked like he was in pain. His face got pale and then suddenly he lost consciousness.

Peter fell on the floor and when I tried to see if he was ok, Damien pulled me back. "He's burning up." Kuya Martin said and carried Peter on the sofa.

"That must explain his delirium." Damien said sarcastically.

"I think we should bring him to the hospital, his high temperature is not natural." Kuya Martin insisted.

"Damien... Let's go..." I looked at him pleadingly.

"Fine." Damien replied. "I'll drive."

Kuya Martin carried Peter to Damien's car. "Let's go." Kuya Martin said as he closed the door and walked around the car.