Eleven (Clark)

Teo must be really important to him. I realized that as I watched Axel sit at Teo's bedside. The usual confident and cocky expression on his face was replaced with worry. That was the first time I saw him like that.

It was the Welcome Walk for the freshmen, and it made for us in upper class to concentrate because of the festivities. Drums echoed all over the campus mixed with the chatter of every freshman lined up.

I was waiting for my class to start when I received a call from Axel. He was asking if I can contact Damien, because he can't reach him. I asked him why, and that's when he told me what happened to Teo.

They were about to enter the Arch of the Centuries, Teo had taken a step in, but he suddenly collapsed. Axel said that Teo had a high fever and he brought him to the clinic, but something was weird.

He sounded very panicked, he must not know what to do. His bestfriend suddenly collapsed in front of him, he must've been really scared and worried.

There was no need to think twice about it, I called James and told him to contact Damien as I rush towards the clinic as fast as I could.

Axel and Teo had grown on me, and I consider them my friends. I can't leave a friend alone in that situation.

Besides, Axel must be really worried and scared, he needs someone to reassure him that everything would be fine, that Teo would be alright.

When I reached the clinic, Axel and Teo weren't there anymore, so I called Axel and learned that Teo was moved to UST Hospital. Was it really that serious? What happened to Teo?

"Axel, how is he?" I asked as I entered the room.

Axel wasn't alone, their friends were also in the room. There was no need for me to worry about him not having anyone to comfort at all.

"I don't know..." Axel replied, his voice was weak.

"What did the doctors say?"

"They don't know either..."

"What? How can they not know?" What is happening?

"Touch him." Axel told me as walked closer to the bed.

I stood beside the bed as I looked at Axel. I was confused, why was he telling me to touch Teo? I looked at him hesitantly, but he only prodded me to touch Teo. So I did.

"Shit..." I said weakly as touched Teo's forearm. He was hot. Burning. I didn't even know that a human body was capable of such a high temperature. To make things even weirder, there was nothing off about Teo's skin.

For having such a high temperature, I was expecting Teo's skin to look different, to be somewhat red, but it looked normal. As if nothing was wrong with him. Actually, at first glance, you would think that he's only sleeping soundly.

"For such a high fever, he should be in delirium, but look at him, he's barely moving..." I can hear the worry in Axel's voice. "He's not moving at all."

I don't why, but my heart broke, hearing him like that. "Teo would be fine..." I said as I placed a hand on Axel's shoulder. "He's a tough kid..."

An hour passed, and it was almost lunchtime. Yet, there was no news from the doctors, Damien hasn't arrived yet either. James texted me that he personally went to Damien's building, apparently, Damien's class had a test, that's why he hasn't checked his phone yet.

I told Axel's friends to eat and go home, they should get a rest too. Although reluctant, those kids did as they were told.

After a few more minutes, the door of the room burst open and Damien came in, panting. James was just behind him.