Fifty (Damien)

Teo. I need to protect Teo. "Teo!" I woke up with that thought and was instantly greeted by a searing pain my side.

"Hey, take it easy..." Peter sat by the couch as he looked at me. "Your wound might open up."

"What are you doing here? Where is Teo? What happened to Teo?" I asked him impatiently.

"Always so impatient..." He smiled. "You know, it's weird. The last time we had a proper talked, I was the one on the hospital bed."

"I don't have the time to play games with you, I need to know if Teo is safe. He needs me." I tried sitting up and ignored the pain on my side.

"You really should rest more."

"I don't need to rest, I need to find Teo."

"And what exactly can you do in that state?"

"Get out. What if my aunt sees you, what do you think she would feel seeing the doppelganger of her deceased son?" I asked him.

"Relax, they won't see me here." He seemed so confident about that. "Do you remember what I asked you before I died?"

I scoffed angrily at him. It seems that wasn't going to stop with his wicked game anytime soon. I don't even understand why he was doing that? Was he trying to get Teo's sympathy? Was he trying to make me let my guard down so that he could take Teo away from me?

"Are you mocking my cousin's memory right now?" I was losing my patience with him. "Stop using his..."

"Promise me that you'll take care of Teo. Cheer him up when he's sad, make him smile when he's crying..." I was taken aback. It was the exact same words Peter asked me in the past.

"Protect him when he's in danger, stay with him when he's scared, and make sure he doesn't ever lose that cute innocent side of him..."

"And if you ever make him cry, I'll haunt you." He finished.

It was still very baffling to me how he knew about my promise with my cousin. I was confused and angry.

"So, are you saying that you're here because of that; to haunt me? Because I failed to protect Teo and made him cry..." I scoffed at him. "

"What are you saying?" Peter chuckled as he walked closer to the end of the bed. "I've never seen Teo this happy before, and that's all because he is finally with you. But..." He sighed. "You should take care of yourself more. Trying to snatch the gun away from that freak was stupid." He added. "If something serious happened to you, Teo would be devastated."

He took out something from his pocket and walked to the side of the bed. "Your love... it's something that had gone through a lot, and you still have to go through a lot more. The world is against the two of you being together, and death wants Teo back, and even though fate is by your side, things would be difficult, but you can't give up. Don't lose hope, because if there's one thing that can go against the world and death and can even change fate's mind, it's love."

"What are you saying now...?" I asked him.

"Take care, Damien. Let's not meet anytime soon, alright." He said with a smile as he handed me something.

After that, I felt pain on my side again, and things got fuzzy. When I came to after a few minutes, it made me think if it was all just a dream, but when I felt the necklace in my hand, I knew differently.

It was a peculiar piece. The necklace was made of gold and had a beautiful pendant; a crystal sphere with an unbloomed rose made of red gemstone inside.