Nineteen (Teo)

What should I do? Damien is angry at me. I followed him back to their unit, but he won't even say a word. He was busying himself in the kitchen, and acted like I wasn't around at all. "Damien..." I called him. "Are you not really going to talk to me...?"

Damien turned around and looked at me. His stare was blank, I couldn't read it at all. Then without saying anything, he turned around again.

It was worse than him forgetting about me, worse than him being angry at me.

"I'm sorry, for not taking your call or replying to your message... I didn't want to upset you..." I sighed. There was a knotted feeling in my stomach, I hated that feeling. "I'm sorry."

Damien sighed and then turned around. "I'm more upset that you didn't tell about meeting him today. It's not like I'm going to stop you from seeing your friend, but you know how I feel about Ethan, right?"

"I know..."

"Besides, why wasn't Axel with you? Why is it just the two of you alone?"

"His personal assistant was with us... sort of..."

"Teo." Damien said sternly.

"He wanted my help in buying a gift for Axel's birthday, so he didn't ask Axel to come with us."

"That's convenient..." He sighed again. "Anyway, don't ignore my calls or messages next time."

"Yes..." I replied meekly. "So, you won't get angry if I meet Ethan again?" I asked carefully.

"There's nothing I could do about that." He sighed heavily. "It's not like I have the right to tell you who to meet or avoid."

It was stupid of me to think that everything was fine after that because it was far from fine. Damien started acting a bit cold and distant. He wasn't really trying to avoid me, but he doesn't smile that often anymore.

Almost a week had passed, but Damien was still acting distant. He hadn't called or sent a message. He was always busy with schoolwork, so I didn't get to see him the whole week. He didn't even visit our unit. During the weekends, he was at his father's restaurant the whole time. Although he said he wasn't angry at me, I can't help but feel that way.

Having Damien give me the cold shoulders was worse than that year I spent apart from him, thinking that he hates me. Worse than when he forgot my face.

I just wanted him to call my name again and smile at me.

Who would have thought that going shopping with Ethan would be such a disaster?

It was two days before Axel's birthday, and Damien was still acting a bit distant. "Are you two still fighting? Come on, Teo, my birthday is in two days, how can we celebrate if you're depressed?"

"Sorry..."

"Make it up with him already." Axel added. "It's been almost a week, I can't believe you still haven't made up with him. He's literally just on the other side of your wall, go and talk to him already."

"How? He barely talks to me..."

"Did he really get mad when he saw you with Ethan?" Axel asked as we stepped into the elevator.

I sighed and nodded. "I think he doesn't like Ethan."

"Yeah, the same way you don't like Elisse." Axel replied.

"That's different..."

"How so?" Axel scoffed. "You don't like Elisse hanging around Damien too much because you know she likes Damien, and you want Damien to yourself. Damien doesn't like Ethan because he feels that Ethan is stealing you away, he wants to be your number one."