Five (Clark)

Damien is going crazy.

That Saturday morning, we finally shot a new video for our YouTube channel, everything seemed fine at first. Damien baked a Milo Maltesers cheesecake, he smiled at the camera and looked cheerful, but after the shoot when I asked him why he chose to make that dessert, everything changed.

I'm an idiot. It was all my fault that his mood changed. I shouldn't have asked him that.

"Teo loves them. Milo, Maltesers, and cheesecake. I hope he sees the video, that way, he would know how much I miss him." That was Damien's answer. He sounded so sad. After that, I think he got depressed.

That night, Damien was in no disposition to cook dinner at all. We don't usually eat out, because Damien opts to cook instead. He said that it's much cost-efficient that way, but I think he just wants an excuse to experiment on his recipes.

I'm not complaining. Sure, he comes up with weird and ridiculous recipes on paper, but once executed properly, they're actually pretty tasty.

I was waiting for Damien and James to get dressed when the doorbell rang. I opened the door and Elisse stood outside with a smile. "Hey, Clark. Is Damien in?"

Well, we're about to go out for dinner, and Damien is getting dressed. "No, he went out. I think he's going to his Dad's restaurant." I lied. I'm pretty sure if Elisse heard that we were about to go out for dinner, she would do anything she could to make herself invited.

Damien was already acting very depressed, and I was in no condition to handle another emotionally, or mentally, inept person.

"Why, do you need something?" I asked her.

"Ummm, no, I'll just come back..." She said, but I clearly saw the manila envelope she was holding.

"Is that the list he was asking? I'll hand it to him." I told her with a smile. She was just going to use that as an excuse to meet him anyway. "He's been waiting for it, I'll hand it to him." I insisted.

"Well... ummm.... sure..." She reluctantly handed me the envelope.

"See you around." Not too much, I hope. I closed the door with a smile.

"Who was that?" James asked when I walked back into the living room.

"Elisse." I told James as I showed him the envelope.

"Is that the list?"

"Yup."

"Ohhh... Damien would be happy to get that, although, I don't think that list is necessary anymore." James said with a suspicious smile.

"What does that mean?" My curiosity reached its peak.

"Damien doesn't need that list to find Teo." James replied with a knowing smile.

"Why is that?"

James chuckled and smiled, but he didn't give me an answer. That asshole.

"Damien, are you done yet?! I'm starving!" I called.

"I'm done. Let's go." He said as he walked out of his room. God, he sounded really depressed.

"Elisse brought your list." I told Damien as I showed him the envelope.

"Really?! Give me." He excitedly snatched the envelope away from my hand. There was a childlike excitement in his expression. He must be really looking forward to seeing Teo again.

"Can you look at that later, let's go get something to eat." I told them as I walked towards the door.

When I opened the door, I saw Axel and Matt closing theirs. "Come on, you're the one who says that it needs to happen before Sunday night. Just knock on their door and get it over with."