Eight (Clark)

"Do you really need to have all of those softwares installed?" When I agreed to drive Axel to the mall, I thought that we would be done in no time. He would buy his laptop, and we'll be back at the condo before lunchtime.

That didn't happen. Aside from the heavy traffic, Axel decided to buy all those software and games and have it installed on the store. It would take at least an hour before it's done.

It's not like I was in a hurry. Well, Damien did call and said that our lock ran out of battery, but didn't sound worried at all. He told me to take our time.

"Why couldn't you just install it at your place?" I complained as we look for a place to eat.

"I could've, but then we wouldn't have this opportunity to hang out and have fun." He replied with a sheepish grin.

"Yay. This is so fun." I said as sarcastic as I could.

"What do you want to eat?"

Ha! Ignoring my irritation, are you? "Anything is fine with me."

"Anything...?" He chuckled. "My ex-girlfriend always answer the same thing every time I ask her where she wants to eat. I'm not falling for that. If I pick something I want, and you don't like it, you'll just get sulky and nag me."

"Huh? Why are you comparing me to your ex? I'm not a girl." I complained.

"Just pick something." Axel insisted.

"Just choose what you want, I can eat anything."

"It's not about what you can eat, it's about what you want to eat."

Why is he being so stubborn? I give up. "Lechon and paella."

"Great. Let's eat." He said with a smile.

Axel chose the restaurant and ordered the food for the both of us. I hate the fact that he had taken control of the whole thing, and I hate the fact that I was letting him take the lead.

We were waiting for our food when a couple sat down on the table across ours. "Shit..." Of all times and places, why now, why here? The only consolation I had was the fact that the guy had his back turned on me.

"What?" Axel asked as he turned his head. "Do you know them? Your ex-girlfriend?"

"The guy used to be my friend." Telling Axel right away was way better than him bothering me the whole time for answers.

"Used to? You're not friends anymore? What happened?" I don't get why Axel has a certain fondness in meddling with someone else business.

"Let's not talk about it." Frankly, that topic was still a sore spot for me. It was a painful memory, and I would be lying if I say that it didn't bother me anymore.

I would eventually get over it, but not anytime soon.

"If you say so." Axel complied, quite surprisingly.

Our order came and I tried my best to ignore the other table, but it was really bothering me.

"What's his name?" Axel asked. I should've known that he wouldn't let go of the issue that easily.

"What? I just said, I don't want to talk about it."

"You didn't want to talk about it, but you kept staring." Axel added. "You haven't even touched the food, and you're the one who wanted to eat all these." He was right, ever since that couple came in, I became preoccupied. "If you don't want to talk about him, just eat." He said as he filled my plate with food.