Forty One (Teo)

"Mom, did you know about this? Did you plan this with Ethan?" I asked Mom after seeing what Ethan just did at the press-con.

Mom gave a satisfied laugh. "I didn't know that he would be that direct, but I like it. The magazines would like his bluntness too. You know how everyone here is making a move forward to being inclusive, Ethan is just the perfect spokesperson for that."

"You're using this to market him? Mom..." I complained.

"Teo, you know how things work over there, it's not bad to have a backup plan for Ethan." She said. She had a point, but I couldn't help but still get worried.

"I know that, but I'm just worried that he would keep on doing crazy things like this." I told her. "We don't even know what would happen because of this. What if it bites him in the back?"

"Teo, you worry too much. Well, it is a crazy plan, but let's wait and see before we make a judgment." Damien told me.

"Someone is being too optimistic." Clark said. "Is it because Ethan won't be your problem anymore? One less rival, one less person to be jealous of..." He teased.

"How do you think James reacted?" Axel asked. "Do you think Ethan is being serious?"

"Well, judging by how James acted these past few days, there's a big chance that he started to genuinely like Ethan..." Clark said.

"Ethan looks serious." I told them. "He's an actor, but he's not a great liar."

"I sure hope so, or else this would just be a bigger mess..." Axel sighed.

When James returned that night, we didn't ask him too many questions. We knew he was tired, so we let him rest.

Reactions about Ethan's revelation were mixed. Some praised his bravery, and some let their homophobia get in the way. Like Mom said, though, all the international magazines are praising him. Not only did he make the local headlines, but he also made it internationally.

Axel also said that his official twitter and IG page had blown up just overnight. It doesn't seem that the issue that Ethan made was going to die down any time soon. James marriage was also affected, while there are people who started saying bad things and insulting Ethan, many still cheered him on, saying that they are proud of him and that they will support him no matter what.

Because of Ethan's confession, James' arranged marriage became the topic of debate. While some see it as tradition, many expressed their concern about family forcing their values onto their children thinking that it was for the best, not knowing that they're only making their child miserable.

The Yuchengcos and Chuas planned the wedding to be a good publicity for their impending business partnership, but it was slowly starting to become a PR nightmare for both families.

The following day, we were on our way back to the condo after class, when we saw a crowd of reporters waiting for James outside the building. And at one corner, we also saw the same men his grandfather sent to take him.

Reporters blocked the entrance and we couldn't really get in. "Teo, don't let go of my hand, alright." Damien said and I did as I was told.

James was instantly surrounded by the reporters who asked him a barrage of questions. They were relentless, and it seemed that they wouldn't stop until they get the answer they want. James only smiled at them and refused to answer.

The sole guard of the building couldn't even handle that much crowd, so the condo staff needed to help, but things were already getting out of control.