Sixteen (Teo)

The miracle lost its effect, finally.

Damien ended up cooking a meal for the two of us. I didn't get to eat that much back in the carpark, so my stomach had plenty of room. Besides, I would always have an appetite for Damien's cooking.

When Axel came home, Damien and I were just finishing our meal. He didn't say anything but instead gave me a teasing smile. I knew what Axel meant by that smile, and I was quite relieved he didn't voice it out.

"Are you finish?" Damien asked. My plate was already pretty empty, so I guess that he just asked out of politeness.

"Yes, it was really good." I replied with a contented smile.

Damien was about to get the plates but I stopped it. "I'll clean up." I told him.

I took our plates and utensils to the sink, and as I opened the faucet. I didn't notice it at first, but Damien stood just behind me. He wasn't saying anything at first, and it made me nervous.

Washing the dishes proved to be a gargantuan task with Damien standing so close to me. My hands were literally shaking.

"Need some help?" He asked me.

You standing a bit farther would be enough.

I looked back at him and he was smiling at me. Our faces were so close that I could feel his breath. Darn, he's even more handsome up close.

Blushing, I looked away. "It's fine. You already cooked, I can do this much." I replied meekly. I could still feel Damien's presence behind me, and I could tell that he was very close, so busied myself with washing the dishes.

"Hey, hey... do it gently, you're gonna break the plates." Damien said as he moved his hands around me and landed his hands just on top of mine.

Shit... I could feel his chest on my back, and his hands are touching mine! He's hugging me!

"Do it like this; gently..." Damien said as he guided my hands and moved his head just above my right shoulder.

That moment felt like an eternity, and in a good way. I never wanted it to end.

Those few minutes were like heaven, but it was pure torture for my poor heart. It was beating so hard and so fast that it felt like it was ready to jump out of my chest at any given moment.

Every time he would breathe, I would feel it on my neck. It was a different kind of sensation, something I haven't really felt before.

It ended too early for me, but at least my heart could finally take it easy.

"Oh, right. Elisse had been asking about you, Axel." Damien said as we placed the plates back in the cabinet.

"She is...?' Axel sounded nervous for a reason. "Why? What did she say? What did want to know?"

He is definitely hiding something. What did you do this time, you idiot?

"She's asking if you and Clark are close." Damien's eyes furrowed. "It seems weird to me. She suddenly becomes interested in you and Clark, it's not like her."

"Why? Should she just be interested in you?" What? Shit. I said that out loud.

Damien and Axel turned their eyes on me. Axel gave a satisfied and teasing smile.

"No. That's not what I mean." Damien sounded frantic. "Don't misunderstand. It was just so unlike her, that's all."

"Yeah... sure..." I said nervously as I turned around to hide my blushing face.