Twenty Six (Ethan)

I didn't know what I was expecting when I texted James to meet me at my condo unit. I made a huge mess, and James was greatly affected by it. After that article linking him to Diana, I heard from Teo and Axel that James got into trouble with his strict Chinese family.

Then, it seems that he was forced into an engagement with the daughter of one of their business partners. I made things very terrible for him, and I feel guilty about it.

If only I paid more attention to Diana and didn't leave her with him, things wouldn't turn out that way. And if only I controlled myself, I wouldn't end up waking up the next day not knowing whether I really slept with him or not.

Things weren't sunny for me as well, after the news about Ethan's engagement, Mr. Hernandez made a deal with me. He won't use the rumors about Diana and Ethan for publicity if I behave well and accept more gigs.

For the past days, I worked non-stop. After shooting the series, I would go for some photoshoot; either for a magazine cover or endorsements. He was milking the fact that I am an international model signed by Z.L. Modelling.

Basically, I had to forget about rest or vacation. Even after we end shooting and airing the series, I'll have to fly straight back to New York to continue my modelling.

Sure, I finally have a career in the Philippines, but I am not crazy enough to leave my career as an international model.

I couldn't compare my suffering to James' trouble, though. I mean, I'm still gaining something at the end of the day, but I'm pretty sure there's nothing good about being forced to marry someone you don't even like.

Inviting him over to my condo, again, after what happened the week before might not be the brightest idea, but it's the only place I know where we could truly talk in private.

No ears listening to us.

No eyes watching us.

No cameras, no paparazzi.

I got no reply from James, so I had no idea if he was coming or not. I prepared a lot of food too, because I don't know exactly what he likes, and I was hoping that if he eats his favorite food, he would be in a better mood and our talk would go smoother.

Then again, James always seemed to be in a great mood. He never seems to get into a bad mood.

The doorbell finally rang, and James stood outside my door wearing a white shirt printed with "Thomasian Food Enthusiast". His biceps were displayed permanently and I could see the outline of his abs behind the shirt.

"Come in." I told him.

James walked inside. "What exactly do you want to talk about?" I didn't tell him what I wanted to talk about over text.

I was wrong, James can get in a bad mood. Well, he wasn't exactly mad or anything, it's just that he wasn't smiling as usual.

"Have you eaten lunch? I ordered some food..." I told him as we walked towards the dining area

"What's this? Is there a party here?" He asked. I can't quite figure out his mood.

"I don't know what you like eating, so I ended up ordering that much." I told him honestly.

All of a sudden, James chuckled. That usual smile of his came back. "You have a weird way of apologizing, weird, but I like it." He told me as we took a seat.

I sighed. "I don't know where exactly to start... I heard from Teo what happened, sorry, I didn't know things would end that way for you."

"That's something you have no control of." He replied. "My family can try to marry me off with someone of their choosing as much as they want, in the end, I'll still make the decision for myself." James started eating a little.