Thirty Eight (Teo)

I had this unreasonable feeling of guilt when I woke up the following day. It's not like I cheated on Damien, but meeting the other Peter and being friendly with him made me feel like I just did.

The sun was getting higher, but I was still cooped up in my room. I had no appetite to eat breakfast, and I felt really terrible.

Damien came to my room with a tray of variety of bread. "Axel said you were feeling under the weather, are you alright?" He asked me as he placed the tray down on the table. I nodded with a smile. "You should at least eat something. You shouldn't skip breakfast." He said as he took the tray of pieces of bread and placed it down on the bed as he sat on the edge.

As he placed down the tray, I instantly wrapped my arms around Damien; embracing him as tight as I could.

"What gotten into you?" He asked with a soft chuckle as he embraced me back.

"I love you..." I whispered to him.

Damien froze for a moment. He pulled back from me and looked at me in the eyes. "Can you say that again?" He asked me as his eyes glistened.

It was then that I realized that I have never actually said those words to him. Even though I made it clear with my actions and how much I cling to him, I knew that words still have a different power. That being vocal with what I feel, that telling him that I love him would still mean a whole lot to him.

"I love you..." I said shyly as my face burned in shyness.

No matter how many times I say it, I still can't get used to saying it while he looked at me with those beautiful eyes. Even if I repeat it hundreds and thousands of times, it still wouldn't be enough to tell him how much I love him.

"One more time..." Damien requested as he held my face gently.

"I love you..." My heart was going crazy.

"One more time." He asked again.

"I... lo..." I was already at my limits.

"I love you too." He said with a wide smile as he pulled me back in a tight embrace.

I ate breakfast and cuddled with Damien for a while. After that, I was feeling a lot better and we decided to go grocery shopping together.

"Teo, are you going back to New York during Christmas break?" Damien asked me as I fixed my hair.

"Not really..." I replied.

"I was thinking; we could spend the break at Tagaytay. We could also visit Peter." He told me.

My heart almost skipped a beat when he mentioned Peter. Should I tell him about the other Peter? That's right, we shouldn't keep secrets to each other. Then I became excited at the thought of being back at Tagaytay with Damien. It would be like the old times. "Yeah, I would like that..." I paused. "Damien, I have something to tell you..."

"What is it?" Damien asked. The doorbell rang, but we ignored it since Axel was playing games in the living room.

My momentum was broken and I hesitated once again. "Last night..." I trailed off, feeling really nervous.

"TEO!!!" Axel suddenly called my name. There was a certain tone of urgency in his voice. "Come here quickly!" He shouted again, his tone was filled with certain nervousness.

Damien sighed in frustration. "Axel always has the best timing, doesn't he?" He said as he shook his head and chuckled.

When we walked out of my room, I almost had a mini heart attack. Damien also froze on his feet.