Chapter 6

The two police officers came to the living room and took a seat on the couch chairs.

Aldo sat back down next to his brother, so close that their knees touched.

There was a short silence in the room, while Dan tried to keep himself calm and not get too anxious because of the visitors and the situation.

Last time, he had freaked out already before they had told why they came.

They had had their police attires on, and he had bad memories from polices, so he panicked just seeing one.

Now it was easier, them knowing about his condition and giving him time and not getting too close.

But he still felt uneasy and almost trembled, but he was as calm as possible.

"How are you boys doing?" Mr. Copelann queried, when Aldo nodded as a sign it was alright now.

"Fine" Aldo said.

Of course they weren't, not yet, but he wasn't going to tell them that.

Mr. Copelann sighed, the boys weren't obviously going to cooperate with them or talk too much voluntarily.

The older one he understood, but the younger one was just being difficult and showing off his mind.

But he wasn't too surprised about that either. They were going through an awful time right now, he wasn't expecting them to be emotionless.

"I know this won't be easy but you're not alone with anything" he said and took his bag from the floor. "So, we have things to talk with you and something to give you. This was found in the boot of your parents' car, pretty much all that was unbroken. I say it's quite odd and unbelievable, but here it is."

Mr. Copelann took a camera from his bag.

"We thought you would like to have it, as it was your parents'" Mrs. Jameson said with her soft and tender voice.

The boys stared at the camera, recognising it well. That camera had captured and it included so many memories from the last four years.

How can a camera survive in a car crash where their parents and sister died?

That thought made Aldo almost angry. But he took the camera however, when Mr. Copelann handed it to him.

"Thanks" Aldo muttered, trying to keep his voice sound and neutral.

They had the camera now, but opening it or touch it more than just the obligatory was too much for now. He put it down on the couch table.

"Now, I hate to tell you guys this, but there are few things that have to be taken care of" Mr. Copelann said. "There's the funeral, and some other things, but that's the worst part. And I'm afraid we need to find you a new home."

"What, why?" Aldo snapped, getting defensive again. "We have a home."

"You don't understand, you can't live here alone anymore" Mrs. Jameson said, kindly but still matter-of-factly.

"We're fine, thanks."

"What about money? What about the house, bank loans, your school, everything? You're just kids yet, and you need help and people, adults around you. Are you both just going to stay here by yourselves, because of Dylan?"

Dan's real name was Dylan but was as often as always called Dan. Aldo's real name was Aldwin, but he hated it and told everyone to call him Aldo.

Dan was on the verge of tears. They were right. Aldo was wasting his life and time looking after him.