Chapter 26

...

He just had to wait, but he was nervous about somebody eventually coming and finding him, too.

Then, at some point he heard voices coming closer. He could heard faintly as two voices stopped close to the door.

"Stay out of the view, we don't know how he is" he recognised Ze's voice.

"But I need to see -" he almost rolled his eyes recognising the other voice as Jared's.

What was the odds he was finding him again in a bad situation? He felt embarrassed and frustrated, but at the same time good he would be there.

"Shh, it's better if he doesn't see too many people at first, so I'll go first."

"I'm not too many people."

"Let's not argue right now, Dan is more important and he's my best friend."

Dan heard the sound of the key put to the lock and soon the door opened, making him wince of the light, seeing again.

He just wanted to stand up and run out, but he was immobile, and looking like a mess most likely.

Ze opened the cleaner's room when her boyfriend was out of the way, and gasped at the sight. The lights were off but the light from the corridor showed a body on the other end of the room, furthest from the door.

She switched the lights on immediately, and recognised it was indeed Dan.

Jared's trio had gone to their class and laughing went to their leader and told proudly what they had done, giving him Dan's schoolbag.

Even if they had been threatened and told Dan was his friend, they didn't quite believe it, as he had been against Dan before as well.

So when Jared had glared at them, wanting to kill them with his look, and stormed out of the class room, to say they were surprised would be an understatement.

He had hurried to the special class to pick up Ze, and then they had gone to ask for the cleaner's room key from the teacher's room.

"Don't worry, Dan, it's only us, you're okay now" Ze said at the door, trying her best to stay calm for his sake but she was almost scared of the sight in front of her, knowing this was serious in Dan's case. "The door is open. We need to get you out of here and help, please nod or something if it's okay for me to come. Shake your head if you want us to go and you can come by yourself."

For some reason, he felt better when he heard Ze and Jared were with him. He needed to trust them at this moment, not really wanting to be alone here.

He hesitated, but afraid they would leave if he didn't, he nodded and almost buried his head as he was still hugging his knees.

When she came to him and started to help him stand up, he got alarmed by the touch but didn't freak out telling himself it was just Ze.

He wished he was stronger at the moment, but he didn't know what else to do than trust these people, hoping not to get more hurt.

When they had reached the corridor, out of the too small room to have been locked in for Dan's liking, Ze noticed his other wrist that was open.

"Oh my god, Dan, what did they do -"

"Ze, don't worry, it's old" Jared interrupted her, but Dan had already noticed what she pointed at.

His wrist was bleeding a bit, the wound must have opened when the bandage was torn off. There was some dried blood on his hoody, too.

It had been healing so it wasn't much, but he couldn't handle even the small amount of blood.

"It'll be okay, we just need to -" Jared continued, as Dan's face turned quickly pale, but trailed off as he passed out finally because of the too much stress loaded on his shoulders and the fear of blood sealing it.

Ze struggled to hold him up, so Jared helped her to get him lying down. He knew there was nothing more they could do for a while than wait when Dan passed out like this, so he asked Ze to get some first aid kit.

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...

It all happened so quickly. Dan's mind was racing and he was stunned why he wasn't yet freaking out when they stopped, Jared being so close to him and still holding his hand.

His heart was beating fast, but he thought it stopped when he suddenly felt a hand on either side of his chilly face, and close within the same second warm breath and lips almost crash against his own.

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)