Chapter 34

...

"Now these lips are only mine again" he breathed with a smile, brushing his thumb over them before settling down again. "I didn't want to rush you, you weren't too well after him. It didn't mean I thought or saw any less of you, you're still my same, amazing sweetums. Understand?"

Dan nodded, taking a deep calming breath. He was more relieved than he realised. And touched, Jared had thought of him before himself.

"Good, now come back here" Jared smiled and he too lay down back to his spot under his arm.

"I didn't know he l-liked me" Dan muttered.

"Yeah, we noticed" Jared chuckled. "Almost everyone else here saw clearly how he was most of the time flirting with you."

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...

Ze had a car, in which Dan had been before, but he was still nervous in any car. He wasn't used to going to places, but he couldn't really say no to her and he wanted to get used to it again.

When Ze finally parked, he noticed the mentioned coffee shop with the sign Margery's Coffee Home. It looked kind of nice, unique from the outside. He was curious how it was inside, it had an old-fashioned tone which interested him in some way.

Ze offered to go check it wasn't too crowded like it shouldn't, but Dan said she didn't need to. He was in school, he didn't want any unnecessary special treatments anymore and he knew if he happened to overreact, he was with two people he had become to trust.

They got out of the car and walked through the few rows of the car park that was to the little shops in the spot. Dan felt the need to take his boyfriend's calming hand but as he couldn't, he put his hands into his own jacket pockets.

He had always felt like the third wheel when they were together as three. Even now, but it was still stronger and it made him nervous, but he could handle it.

He was jealous that a boy and a girl together had nothing to hide, but two boys had to hide even from their parents.

The question was nagging him. Was this really right? He decided he had to find somebody to ask about this soon.

Jared opened the door to the coffee shop and let him and Ze go in first. Entering, his nose was filled with a strong, sweet fragrance and he was surrounded by a cosy, warm atmosphere. He had visited coffee shops before, but never in a one like this.

How had he missed this? He hadn't been out like this for some time, but this place has been, even if it didn't look like old.

There were just few people at this time, making all three relieved. They took a seat with Ze and Jared next to each other and Dan on the opposite, and looked through the 'menu' that was on each table as well as at the counter.

"Aren't you taking anything?" Ze asked, when Dan didn't take a menu.

"I...d-don't have any money with me" Dan said quietly, the small chatter in the room making him still fidget.

"Don't worry about that, Jared can be the gentleman this time" Ze smiled and kissed quickly Jared on the cheek.

Jared awkwardly agreed, and soon went to the counter to order. Behind the counter was a friendly middle-aged lady, who crowned the lovely place for Dan.

Only few minutes later, the lady came with a cup of tea, two cups of coffee and a piece of fruitcake. She introduced herself as Margery, and wished them to enjoy being here. Ze and Jared thanked her and Dan nodded, and before Margery left, she looked at Dan for a second longer.

Not in a bad way or making him uncomfortable, quite the opposite, smiling. Something in this bright place just made Dan feel like wanting to visit here again and soon. 

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)