Chapter 46

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...

"So, what did he do?" Margery asked, and he gave her a questioning look. "The boy who was here with you last time too, he was your boyfriend, right? Oh, no need to look like that, darling, I won't judge you if you're gay, even if I can be a little old fashioned. I'm not against love, we're cool."

"It's not...it w-wasn't really love. But how did you know...him..."

"Well, from the beginning, I saw something special between you two. The way you looked at each other... But you still haven't told me what the matter is. I saw at some point there was something off with him, I mean he seems like a good kid and looked at you like a silly love-struck teenager, but even looking at you right now, it was him who broke your heart, huh? What's his name again?"

And while Dan found himself telling about Jared and some of his thoughts that he could specify, Margery ordered and brought him a chai latte tea for free. By the time he finished talking, he had emptied half of the cup.

"Are you sure this was the right time, to get attached to this job?" Margery queried thoughtfully. "You poor thing have so much on you, I hope I'm not getting you extra stress."

"No, a-actually I think this was the right time" Dan said quietly, looking into the tea cup in his hands. "Of course this is a deal, but I feel this is a good thing still, and this job was a dream come true. I just need to get a grip of myself, I'm sorry for today until now."

"Don't apologise, it was good for you to talk it out. If it becomes too much, tell me, but I'll try to get you doing things that forces you out of the negative things temporarily, okay? What do you think right now honestly, did this chat help at all?"

"I think so, yes" Dan said and gave her his small smile, feeling actually little lighter in the mind.

"I'm glad, never hesitate talking to me if anything at all bothers you, I may be able to help" Margery smiled and patted his knee. "Now, finish your tea in peace and then let's get back to work."

Dan nodded and smiled until she had gone, and then let out a sigh. He wasn't sure if he had done the right thing telling her about Jared, but she did say what's said in this room, stays in this room. And he trusted her, feeling already slightly better as if he had got some burden out of his mind even if everything was still there and the same.

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...

"This needs to be celebrated, and I want to spend time with you, properly. You pick the movie and I'll go and get the snacks and drinks."

"But...didn't you have somewhere to go...you're busy" Dan reasoned quietly, having snapped out of his shocked, surreal bubble with his roommate's excitement.

"I'm lucky to say the practice is today and tomorrow after dinner time, so we have what, about...over an hour time yet really" Jared said stood up and going out of the room, leaving no time for argument or to be wasted.

With a sigh Dan tried to calm down his thumping heart. He didn't want to be of any bother, and spending time with Jared like this wasn't easy these days. But they were friends, Dan needed one and wanted to keep good relations with his roommate, so he didn't want to and couldn't push him away if Jared didn't push him.

Dan chose a drama movie from Netflix, not that he liked to add drama into his life but it got him thinking about that world instead of his own, and then waited until Jared came back carrying a tray with a bowl of popcorn and two cups of warm drinks.

"This is the best I could do with this notice, I tried not to burn them" Jared chuckled, putting the tray on his bedside table while Dan stood up with the laptop to make themselves comfortable on the bed.

Jared even lit up a candle, which was something Dan liked anytime. As the movie started, both had the cups of lemon tea with milk in their warmed hands and the popcorn bowl in the middle of them, Dan couldn't help but think this was almost like they often had their 'dates' when they were together. And Jared thought the same. Although now, it was still different, and they actually saw the whole movie.

"This is really good" Dan said at some point, looking down at his hands wrapped around his tea cup. "Thank you. Are you sure it was actually you who made this tea?"

"Yes, thanks very much" Jared assured amused, knowing himself even better than everyone else that his kitchen skills were quite non-existent. "Is this movie alright? We can change if it's too much -"

"No, this is good."

"Good" Jared said with a contented smile, and they turned fully into the movie again.

"But you...did burn the popcorn." 

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)