Chapter 41

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...

The awkward, tense silence filled the special class room.

Ze and Dan, who hadn't talked a word since morning, stayed inside as Milka dismissed the others to lunch break and let Jared in. She didn't know what had happened but let them use the room so that they could be alone.

Growing impatient and needing to know what really was going on within the limited time, Ze frowned.

"You guys are seriously making me to speak up first, eh?"

"Well..." Jared cleared his throat, but he was afraid to speak even if he tried not to be.

What could he say, what should he say? His mind was a mess and heart racing of nerves, this wasn't good. Ze would break up with him and most likely tell people about him. His parents would need an answer why they broke up...

"Tsk, right now I think it would be easier and better if boys were just together with boys. So, you're going to admit the photos...are real?"

"Don't..."

"I've already said to you I won't tell anyone. I'm angry at you, especially as today's Valentine's day here, and confused, but I won't. I've had few hours to think, and I want to know what's going on first. So, are you?"

"What?"

"Admitting the photos are real?!"

Jared swallowed the lump in his throat, battling between admitting or denying. But what could he say, to indicate they're not real? If he now denied, where would things go? Ze now knew, this might be a possibility to tell. But what would happen then?

He had been so careful, not wanting anyone to know he was gay. Dan knew, and now Ze would. Who next? He was scared this spreads even more, but Ze deserved to know the truth. He was exhausted from their fake relationship, but if they broke up, he would need to find someone else.

Still, he couldn't be actually together with the one he loved.

He glanced at Dan, who had his head lowered and staring down blankly at his crossed fingers on his lap.

No. He couldn't do that to Dan. Maybe he could tell his parents things didn't work with Ze and now he was focusing in ice hockey, having no time for dating.

This all was a real pain in the ass. If it wasn't for Dan, he wouldn't have wanted to be gay and seriously considered doing everything possible and impossible to switch lanes.

"Yes, um, they are. Listen, -"

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...

"Huh?" Jared asked in unbelief, starting to think she had gone crazy.

"As I said to Dan, I'm not against gays. Are you planning on hiding for long?"

"No" Jared said determined. "But when have you said to Dan you're not against gays?"

"Not too long ago, I asked him if he was gay like I thought. The silly denied it, but of course I see why. No wonder he was so against me trying to get him a Valentine's day date. Well, I really hope you won't be hiding forever, because I want to be single again in public too and get a boyfriend."

"What?"

"You still need a girlfriend, right? I'll be your stage girlfriend, but just tell we've stopped PDA, or something, if someone asks. Otherwise you can be both all yourselves, I don't mind, as I said I think it's cute."

"You'd...you'd do that for me, for us?" Jared was shocked, now sure she had gone crazy. "Are you serious?"

"Yes" Ze smiled. "Dan is my best friend, I don't want him any trouble or harm. You, are now my best friend too, and the same goes for you. But the offer doesn't last forever, I don't want to grow old single."

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...

"Good, you're so much better than those idiots. I don't know what he knows or thinks but he said this was a secret, so...but now, in exchange of me telling you that, -" Ze came between him and Dan and put his arms around each shoulders, "you two have to kiss."

"What?" Jared queried raising his eyebrow, not sure if he heard her right.

"Come on, these photos prove me you two have been all lovey dovey already. But these are a little dim, so as your best friend and stage girlfriend I have the right to see you two as yourselves. Don't mind me, just give your quiet boyfriend and my quiet best friend a good, proper kiss. But not for too long, I haven't still had lunch and I'm hungry."

"What, now?"

"Yup, now. I know you want to kiss your true Valentine" Ze smirked crossing her arms in expectation. "It will be a token of our tragic break up and a start to our friendship and new relationships."

"You're crazy" Jared chuckled really but nervously, unable to deny she was right so he scooted closer to Dan. "May I?" he asked him, needing his permission considering they weren't alone and how anxious he was at the moment.

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...

"Wow, that was so hot and cute at the same time" she said with wonder and whistled, still shocked about seeing such a thing but also fascinated. "I think I'm feeling my broken heart, which was so cruelly betrayed, just started its mending."

"You are crazy" Jared shook his head in amusement, his sweetums making him in better mood so fast.

"Yup, crazy in love with you both...of course in a friendly way, you know" Ze grinned and hopped up to stand. "Now, lunch. And I do want those presents back."

Her excitement made Jared laugh and Dan smile, too, as they followed her out of the class room. This turned out better than they would have ever expected. It was great, and actually a life saving thing, to have such a crazy friend.

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...

Ze smiled at Dan, putting her arm around his shoulders for comfort.

"See, it'll be fine. Let's catch this dream of yours now, shall we?" she queried cheerily, and Dan eagerly nodded, with a smile on his face as well.

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)